droopy after transplant

• Thread starter donastro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

donastro

so i finally got my flower box up and running, transplanted my plant into a 4gal pot and put it in the flower box under 24/0 400w hps... now i had to rush the process of sticking it in my flower box from the veg box as it was getting too big for the smaller veg box..

since ive put it in the flower box (3 days ago) it might of stressed as it drooped a little bit 2 hours after the transplant and switch into flower box. now heres where im kicking myself but i had no choice, when i moved it into the flower box, temps were averaging 90s (i saw it go up to 96*f) with low humidity (low 20s high 10s)... took me a day to fix the temp problem where i got it at a stable 78-81 (yesterday).. last night before i went to bed they had drooped even more (but no damage to the leafs yet, stem still strong) so i left em... woke up this morning and seen they hadnt changed at all still rlly droopy but no damage to the leaves.. so i watered it as the soil did dry up a bit...... humidity has been fluctuating between 18-22% up until 5 hrs ago where i went out and bought a goddamn humidifier where the humidity is slowly climbing back to 45-50 zone...

my question is; do you think its the humidity level thats not letting my baby bounce back? im using the same all purpose potting mix (horti humus, lime, perlite, and peat moss) ive used during veg with a little added MG seed starting soil (0.0-0.1-0.0) because i ran out and had nothing else to use, mixed it in figured it shouldnt cause any problems, both seem to be good soil... here are some pics and thanks for any help!!

Droopy after transplant
Droopy after transplant 2
Droopy after transplant 3
Droopy after transplant 4
Droopy after transplant 5
MountainWalker

MountainWalker

How long after the transplant did you water it? I know whenever I transplant (even into a relatively small pot), it usually takes 7-10 days for the soil to be sufficiently dry before I water again, to me it looks like stress from that temp/rh spike combined with some soggy roots. If you only waited 3 days to water it after the transplant, I'd say that's definitely the problem. You want that soil to really dry out before watering again.

K

kes5480

way over watered...and a lil stress from the transplant prolly..Now let that dry out good b4 u water again. Low humidity usually just causes paper thin leaves, in my experience anyways.
peace
KES

T

TreFarmer

How long after the transplant did you water it? I know whenever I transplant (even into a relatively small pot), it usually takes 7-10 days for the soil to be sufficiently dry before I water again, to me it looks like stress from that temp/rh spike combined with some soggy roots. If you only waited 3 days to water it after the transplant, I'd say that's definitely the problemYg. You want that soil to really dry out before watering again.

way over watered...and a lil stress from the transplant prolly..Now let that dry out good b4 u water again. Low humidity usually just causes paper thin leaves, in my experience anyways.
peace
KES
^^^ this
★★★★& :yes:yes

D

donastro

almost going onto day 4 now, and still droopy, soil is drying up but plants arent perking back up :( ive noticed alot more viens now are turning the reddish brown color... i think it might be due to the lack of nutes recently?

the leaves are still not damaged or anything, stem still sturdy and stiff... but almost 4 days of constant plant sadness is driving me f'ing crazy... the humidity is solid and so are the temps... is it normal for plant to be droopy after 4 days due to overwatering it?

D

donastro

onto almost day 5 now and still my baby is drooping (still the soil is a little wet) but the leaves are not damaged! i have noticed they are a little fluffier and some of the stems and veins are turning a reddish brown color... think itll survive? here are some pics i took 5 mins ago;

IMG 20120118 00110
IMG 20120118 00111
IMG 20120118 00112
IMG 20120118 00114
D

donastro

it just occurred to me now that in my old pot i had some branches tied down to the pot and when i transplanted it i never retied it as they seem to hold up just fine on there own... now im thinking maybe that wasnt such a good idea??? should i retie those branches back to the new pot after and if it perks back up? been 6 days now since new pot...

Dunge

Dunge

I see what looks like a plastic bag between the two pots in your pics.
If the pot is not allowed to drain you may have a flooded pot.

D

donastro

nah i put that on after i watered it, but i completely took the bag off now.. dont have a tray for the pot, so i put it in a slightly wider pot with mylar wrapped around it...

my soil is almost completely dry... still a little moist in the middle of the pot (down to 2nd knuckle) but the plant still hasnt perked up yet :/ im thinking maybe it perked up while i was at work, now it drooped again due there being almost no moisture left in the soil?? this is driving me nuts, im definitely repotting when and if it gets better... my yield will most probably be effected but its my first time and i got more clones on the way, just trying to not let it die now and learn as much as i can..

Dunge

Dunge

This is a situation I have encountered more times than I wish to recall.
I make some bone head mistake and kill the plant.
But it refuses to die.
It stands there green and moist, but refuses to grow.
Just last night I affixed a macro guide to my camera in an effort to detect this condition.
One of three plants (F13) 4 weeks into flower stopped growing after a hot alfalfa tea feeding. I didn't know how strong that stuff could get. If I can prove to myself that it is in fact fully stopped, I will pull it and use the space for more productive vegetation.

justiceman

justiceman

Yo what have you been feeding them? I was gonna say that your soil is probably super hot but it seems like a basic mix to me. IMO she has nutrient lockout because she can't suck up an adequate amount of water.The low RH and high temps = high water requirement witch also means high metabolism requirement. The lack of oxygen in the medium from the low water uptake only decreases the metabolism. So basically she is droopy because she can't get a hold of enough water. But how is that possible since you seem to water regularly? If you have a high concentration of nutrients in the medium the osmotic pressure will not allow your plant to uptake enough water and the possibility also exists that an excessive amount of nutes causes your medium to drop in pH. So I'm thinking let her dry out to increase oxygen levels then maybe give her a nice flush with an EWC tea and back off on nutrients till she recovers. my 2 cents

treebark1950

treebark1950

Yo what have you been feeding them? I was gonna say that your soil is probably super hot but it seems like a basic mix to me. IMO she has nutrient lockout because she can't suck up an adequate amount of water.The low RH and high temps = high water requirement witch also means high metabolism requirement. The lack of oxygen in the medium from the low water uptake only decreases the metabolism. So basically she is droopy because she can't get a hold of enough water. But how is that possible since you seem to water regularly? If you have a high concentration of nutrients in the medium the osmotic pressure will not allow your plant to uptake enough water and the possibility also exists that an excessive amount of nutes causes your medium to drop in pH. So I'm thinking let her dry out to increase oxygen levels then maybe give her a nice flush with an EWC tea and back off on nutrients till she recovers. my 2 cents

What he said. I had the something happen to me went from 3 gal to 10 gal and soil was hotter then expected and didn't need the 700 ppm of nutes I gave em after the initial first watering.

CannabisShred777

CannabisShred777

I have a Triple X strain that I just transplanted yesterday. I watered it as soon as i put it in the spot its in now. Then i checked it today and this is now what it looks like. Its in happy frog soil.
Is this just because its stressed, or is there a way to revive it?
Can anyone help?

After transplant
S

Solgoode

I have a Triple X strain that I just transplanted yesterday. I watered it as soon as i put it in the spot its in now. Then i checked it today and this is now what it looks like. Its in happy frog soil.
Is this just because its stressed, or is there a way to revive it?
Can anyone help?
[/QUOTE
Super old but soil might be to hot or roots got damaged and need time to heal I put

S

Solgoode

Old post but same happend to me moved plant to a pot from ground and got sad in sun after. needs shade for a few day left my plant in darkness for 4 to 5 days and after plant perked right up and is doing good keep in shaded area maybe low watt bulb no heat and get a stick to help the main stem cola stay up till it go back to normal you can also try n use low dosage of root promoting nutrients

Hov323

Hov323

Hey Guys,

I know I am posting under an Old Post but maybe I can get some help. today I transplanted this plant from the ground into a pot. The Soil was already wet from the rain and after I transplanted, I put little more water. It wasn't until after i did some research that I realized it might be over watered.

I am brand new to this but i am doing as much research as possible. If you guys can give any advice to help this plant, I would greatly appreciate it. I have a Balcony that gets really good sun all day, do you suggest I keep it outside or Do I keep it inside but by my windows?

Thank you

363CE894 C4A3 47F5 89CE C9B0765739DD
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey hov, thats some serious trauma you put your plantd thru , its a little unusual to transplant from the earth outdoors to a container indoors , in fact i think most readers of your post would cringe in pain reading what you did , but not to worry , you probably tore up the root system because of the wet weight of the earth surrounding it..
Then watering again is like putting the nail in the coffin , but again , dont worry , ive seen plants looking a lot more shocked than yours come back to life in a few days,
Dont put the plant in direct sunlight , that wont wake it up , you need to keep it in a fairly warm place and let it dry naturally , i think you will see it perk up in a few days , after it raises up , keep the soil just moist , and do not water again till the majority of moisture is gone...
After that slowly re introduce her to direct sunlight , should be good.....

Do those containers have drain holes ? And it Dosent look as wet as you described , so thats a good thing...

Keep it inside , where you can manage it better...

dire wolf

dire wolf

Also you might have what looks like spider mites , look carefully under the leaves to see any suspicious black dots , look with magnification if possible , you will see the little peckers scrambling around ....
But that has nothing to do with your present issue...

daygon

daygon

Hey how’s it going everyone,
I transplanted my almost three week old seedlings into a bigger pot today. The soil wasn’t really compact, so it kind of broke apart during transplant. I placed them back under lighting and it started really drooping. (The bottom leaves more) I freaked out and cut off the bottom leaves (only two sets of leaves). I didn’t know the plant usually comes back after 24 hours. Well it’s doing pretty good now, only after 2-3 hours. My question is will it Hermie????

Weezy55

Weezy55

Hey Guys,

I know I am posting under an Old Post but maybe I can get some help. today I transplanted this plant from the ground into a pot. The Soil was already wet from the rain and after I transplanted, I put little more water. It wasn't until after i did some research that I realized it might be over watered.

I am brand new to this but i am doing as much research as possible. If you guys can give any advice to help this plant, I would greatly appreciate it. I have a Balcony that gets really good sun all day, do you suggest I keep it outside or Do I keep it inside but by my windows?

Thank you
I have the same problem current I need help asap I'm a new grower and need assistance

IMG 20210726 020552

Latest posts

Top Bottom