Droopy leafs in Dwc help please

• Thread starter Martin0804
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Martin0804

Droopy leafs in dwc help please

Hey guys. I’m running a dwc system here. It has a shared reservoir. Running gh nutrients according to their feeding schedule. All 4 plants receive the same amount of air from the air pump. 3 out of 4 plants are droopy. The one on the bottom left looks awesome. I have two lights in that tent, both same lights set at same intensity. Any ideas why 3 are droopy and 1 is healthy ?

M

Martin0804

View attachment 1204242
Hey guys. I’m running a dwc system here. It has a shared reservoir. Running gh nutrients according to their feeding schedule. All 4 plants receive the same amount of air from the air pump. 3 out of 4 plants are droopy. The one on the bottom left looks awesome. I have two lights in that tent, both same lights set at same intensity. Any ideas why 3 are droopy and 1 is healthy ?
Also ph is steady at 5.8. Ppm is perfectly within range of gh feeding schedule

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Air temp, water temp, pic of roots, ppms, humidity, lux(google play app), and how old are they?

WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

Is the healthy looking plant the 1st to receive air from the pump ? Maybe a pressure drop not getting the same oxygen 🤔

M

Martin0804

Air temp is controlled at 22 degrees Celsius. Water temp at 19. Also running hydro guard. Roots look healthy. Humidity is tough to keep up at the moment - it’s around 30 percent. The air pump feeds the individual plants off a manifold, so they receive equal amounts of air. Air bubbles also visually appear the same for all 4 plants. The plants are one month old.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Way too cold my man, they are having a hard time transpiring. Bump the air temps up to at least 24.5. You want your leaf to temps to be about 24.7c. Humidity wont matter as long as it not too high. Low humidity isnt really an issue in hydro due to airbubbles and water. So yea, just bump your temps up and they should be able to sweat should I say. This to me is why they look heavy.

Once you do that, slowly increase your water temps to 72 if you get bored and the roots handle the increase well. You will only understand why then. Congrads on the success thus far

I would also top them now before that main cola gets too tall. I like to scrog them down so the entire canopy is about a foot from the buckets. Just requires a little longer veg and early topping. Good luck man

H

hawkman

It's all been pretty much said - except that sometime a plant can go thru changes and just look different than it did which in many cases it fixes it's self -- Remember "once a plant issue is identified you are all ready 2 weeks behind in fixing it"

M

Martin0804

Thanks for the advice guys. I’ll try upping the temps in the room. The water level in the buckets was also fairly high, right up to the mesh of the inserts. Let’s see how the girls like the change.

M

Martin0804

Upped temp the temp in the room, water level decreased a bit. 4 days later and they are looking quite a bit worse. Just at a loss.

4B3D156A 5C6E 4836 9926 59AC82A08A22
03CC28C1 6912 4605 BE32 4CA1AFFAF803
Dye

Dye

Upped temp the temp in the room, water level decreased a bit. 4 days later and they are looking quite a bit worse. Just at a loss.
If you are feeding them full strength what they tell you on the label they are probably nute locked.
Gh ferts half the dose they say tops! Especially in Dwc
Then you can climb up

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

We need to see your roots and tell us your ppms. Do your ppms slowly increase or decrease?

Reactions: Dye
Dye

Dye

If you are feeding them full strength what they tell you on the label they are probably nute locked.
Then you can climb up

Old days people would start at around 300 ppm go to 500 ppm, 800 etc there’s a sweet spot.
I have seen growers push it the limit and get insane grows years ago.
Because the plants negative response Is within 12 hours or less. They knew when and how to back off!
I am not a big feeder especially in DWC where the roots are in a solution 24x7
Companies sell ferts, more you use the more you buy!
Always start at half of everything.

Dye

Dye

Ha ha I am reading stuff I say and it’s stuff I was taught on these type forum’s twenty years ago.
With now some of my own talents from success and failure sprinkled in.
There really is wisdom when you get older, because everything slows down

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

So you need calmag and I never go above 500ppm. 7 scale during veg.

I mean I never really like to go by what people say, ones definition of healthy might not be the correct one. A picture speaks far more words than anything. It Will give us info on nutrient uptake issues via root structure plus countless other things. So if you don't want to show the roots, at least cut your ppms in half and add calmag at half dosage.

What happened is you just speed up the growth rates by increasing your room temps. Now the real issue is becoming worse a bit faster lol... If the bottom of your fan leaf stems are red your guaranteed overfeeding. If it's just red on top it's light burn.

U using any enzymes or additives to combat root rot? And do you start with RO water?

Last edited:
M

Martin0804

Then you can climb up
So you need calmag and I never go above 500ppm. 7 scale during veg.

I mean I never really like to go by what people say, ones definition of healthy might not be the correct one. A picture speaks far more words than anything. It Will give us info on nutrient uptake issues via root structure plus countless other things. So if you don't want to show the roots, at least cut your ppms in half and add calmag at half dosage.

What happened is you just speed up the growth rates by increasing your room temps. Now the real issue is becoming worse a bit faster lol... If the bottom of your fan leaf stems are red your guaranteed overfeeding. If it's just red on top it's light burn.

U using any enzymes or additives to combat root rot? And do you start with RO water?
I have removed a bunch of the water and added straight water to gets the nutes down. However PH is now dropping. All the roots look like picture. No slime, lots of them. Yes we are using hydro guard to combat root rot.

F32DCD1F C381 4EC9 9181 BC3F46F12627
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

How many gallons does your system hold for the 4 plants? When you make your first batch what are your ratios?

Your old growth seems to be getting worse, which is fine as long as your new growth doesnt have anything wrong with it. I would snip all the bad leafs off of it and top them all. Your to the point where your not going to kill them. They are still in veg mode right? You havnt flipped yet?

So heres some thoughts to play with.

So if your ph starts dropping, your plant needs more nutrients. How long does your ph climb for after your initial res change before it drops, like how many days or hours lol. . Those are pretty big plants, and even if you have like a 5 gallon res, if your not mixing your ratios perfect, your gonna eat up all what you put in, especially when running low ppms. Id say your first issue was temps and some slight overfeeding? Can we get some close ups of your new growth too, make sure its pushing out good healthy leafs.

Id say your almost there. . I wouldnt be flipping them anytime soon either, for sure want to maximize yield since you have went this far. Basically your not gonna kill them lol. . .Since your not making buds the leaf deffeciecies are not a huge deal. use this time to study supercropping, topping and scroggin too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom