Droopy leaves all of a sudden! Help!! First grow

• Thread starter Aliveandwell36
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aliveandwell36

Aliveandwell36

So these are some autos. They are about 45 days old and and 1 to 2 weeks into flower. Plants have been doing great until about a week ago I started to notice brown spotting on the leaves. Leaves toward bottom of plant are yellowing and crumbling are a faster rate recently. Now all of the leaves on two of them are drooping and are very flimsy. They’ve been super healthy, ridged and strong up to this point. They been getting fox farm trio and Cali magic regularly. They’re in nature’s living soil, ffof, and coco/perlite. Temps between 75 and 84 F. Under 300watt bloom plus. Top of soil is currently dry but bucket feels heavy. They are in 3.5 gal buckets with holes and I water til 10 percent runoff. Got 3 fans rolling too. I have no idea why 3 out of 4 have fallen droopy a day or two after a good watering’. The growth has seemed to slow considerably. Wtf is going on man?

Droopy leaves all of a sudden help first grow
Droopy leaves all of a sudden help first grow 2
Droopy leaves all of a sudden help first grow 3
Droopy leaves all of a sudden help first grow 4
Droopy leaves all of a sudden help first grow 5
Aliveandwell36

Aliveandwell36

Okay that would have been my best guess. I suppose they are just drinking more now in full flower mode. I think I need to water more slowly bc the pots drain water quickly, like after the first 32 ounces. Would it be wise to water over a period of two hours or so?

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

They look thirsty to me. I water slowly, but at the rate of maybe 1 gallon per 3-5 minutes. What is your percentage of soil to coco/perlite? I wouldn't expect run-off after 32 oz in a 3 gallon bucket....

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

What is happening is this... The plants root systems are fully developing and they are now starting to completely fill up those 3.5 gal buckets. 3 out of the 4 plants are starting to root bind the pots. That 4th one is still playing a little catch up and the roots haven't quite filled all the way yet. As the root balls get bigger and start getting bound up they soak up way more water. Think of those root balls like giant sponges, the bigger they get and the tighter they bind the more water they suck up and the faster they do it. At this point you may want to start thinking about upping your water regiment. Feed those girls bro they are big thirsty and robust in my opinion you'r past the overwatering fears stage. Those girls are drinking fast that water wont get stagnant I doubt it. On hot days when Im close to flower I have to water everyday or my plants would be laying down under the intensity of my HLG Scorpion Diablo board. Flood those pots bro give em a good drink don't be scared they will gobble that shit up now.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Okay that would have been my best guess. I suppose they are just drinking more now in full flower mode. I think I need to water more slowly bc the pots drain water quickly, like after the first 32 ounces. Would it be wise to water over a period of two hours or so?
That sounds like you have some dry pockets in your soil. Try to run a fork gently over the top to break up the soil without disturbing the roots. I'd work on dialing in your watering methods, it sounds like you weren't fully saturating the soil when you were watering up until now.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

That sounds like you have some dry pockets in your soil. Try to run a fork gently over the top to break up the soil without disturbing the roots. I'd work on dialing in your watering methods, it sounds like you weren't fully saturating the soil when you were watering up until now.
Yes actually this is a good point. I have seen it before where the soil got packed too hard in the pot. When this happens sometimes one section of the soil soaks up water while another section stays dry. This could be it also however I am of the opinion that they are just straight up under-watered. Im quite confident if you simply start giving them more water they will pick right up.

2Bad

2Bad

They look thirsty to me. I water slowly, but at the rate of maybe 1 gallon per 3-5 minutes. What is your percentage of soil to coco/perlite? I wouldn't expect run-off after 32 oz in a 3 gallon bucket....
This question needs to be answered if ya ask me

2Bad

2Bad

Yes should give the first 50 percent of the water that the plant needs then in maybe 5 mins or so maybe less you could put the other 50 percent of water on.

mjab702

mjab702

No, I just stir up the top inch or 2 with my hands and pour 1/2 gallon at a time Slooowwwly over the area and wait for it to soak up, and repeat until water starts to pour out of the center bottom of the pot, but I use fabric pots.

Aliveandwell36

Aliveandwell36

Thank you for all the feedback guys. They were, in fact, very thirsty after all. So I watered each with about a gallon each using a 32 oz cup over the span of 15 minutes or so. The soil is a blend of super soil at 30%, ffof 30%, and seed starter with perlite at 40%. The pots have hood drainage with sand and gravel at the bottom. Gonna definitely go with 5 gal fabric pots for the next run. I’ve been checking soil with a crap ass soil probe, which steered me wrong, but I also check the top inch or so and pick up the pots. The weight of the pots seem to have increased significantly over the last week. They were getting dry but the pots still had weight. Btw, they are back up n rolling now, took about an hour to pick up last night after I watered. Today they look like they haven’t missed a beat. Fuck ya man. But my glue berry og is struggling a little and losing leaves left and right. Trying to get it right, think it just used up whatever it had during first week of flower and now showing a couple signs like cal, P and K deficiency. Let me know what y’all think. What are those brown spots? I’m gonna do the feed next watering.

4DBED0C6 58F5 4598 B1AB 1ADB8885A993
2AECD24B 2B7B 4DAA 96CA 34D3D3396983
65D06D84 29D5 4C41 9B98 1CA9819AD7C3
A3865B69 A287 4922 B16C 024D3970CF50
Top Bottom