Droopy plant~ fastbuds wedding cheesecake

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I’ve grown this plant perfectly thru it’s whole life and it began flowering at around 5 weeks. I believe I overwatered and that was last Sunday. Let her dry back out all week and yesterday she was bone dry. Watered in 1 gallon into a 5 gallon fabric pot. She still looks sad so idk wtf to do. Possible root rot from the 1 time of overwatering? That’s all I can think of bc she’s been sad for a week now. She’s a fastbuds wedding cheesecake auto and I really wanted to test myself to see how big of a plant I can grow and man it’s just so disappointing She gave me 5 weeks of vegging from sprout of perfect growth and she’s a good size plant but man she would’ve been so much bigger if I didn’t fuck up when she just started flowering!! Sorry for the rant fam…

Temps: 79
RH: 55%

I’ve only used recharge,fish shit, and some kelp with distilled water.
Droopy plant fastbuds wedding cheesecake

Jakecan

Jakecan

Did you drain to waste when you watered? Did you dispose of the water in the bottom of the tray? The plant still looks healthy! When she became bone dry did she perk back up or she stayed like this? At least you know she's drinking water. What substrate are you using?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Did you drain to waste when you watered? Did you dispose of the water in the bottom of the tray? The plant still looks healthy! When she became bone dry did she perk back up or she stayed like this? At least you know she's drinking water. What substrate are you using?
I let it get absorbed back into the pot and then I elevate it with 2 small 2x4 pieces of wood on each side so there’s airflow under the pot. I wish she was man but she’s sad… I’m using purple cow Indicanja organic living soil and mixed in more perlite. It may be hard to tell from the pic but she’s drooling hard af…

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Drooping leaves without wilting tops usually means overwatering. The tops also look yellowed, which might be a deficiency, but it might also just be the light. This https://www.cannabisgrowingcanada.com/cannabis-nutrient-deficiency/ suggests a potassium shortage as explanation for the tops if they are really yellow. Consider watering less, and doing a feeding of any of the major brands of pot fertilizer grow mix at half recommended strength. If it helps, repeat at two week intervals.

This is the color you want:

PXL 20210727 200442502
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Drooping leaves without wilting tops usually means overwatering. The tops also look yellowed, which might be a deficiency, but it might also just be the light. This https://www.cannabisgrowingcanada.com/cannabis-nutrient-deficiency/ suggests a potassium shortage as explanation for the tops if they are really yellow. Consider watering less, and doing a feeding of any of the major brands of pot fertilizer grow mix at half recommended strength. If it helps, repeat at two week intervals.

This is the color you want:
I cut the watering down to a 1/2 gal but she is still sad and droopy. This Monday will be 2 weeks of the plant being like this. I’m at a loss of what the problem is once again the only thing I can think is there are some major root rot issues from the 1 and only time I overwatered. I’m newer at growing but I like to think I’m pretty educated on the subject but applying the knowledge and having experience is something I lack. I’m just trying to go back to the basics to fix this issue to no avail. This plant was gonna be a monster auto but now I’m just trying to save this plant at this point and finish it.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I cut the watering down to a 1/2 gal but she is still sad and droopy. This Monday will be 2 weeks of the plant being like this. I’m at a loss of what the problem is once again the only thing I can think is there are some major root rot issues from the 1 and only time I overwatered. I’m newer at growing but I like to think I’m pretty educated on the subject but applying the knowledge and having experience is something I lack. I’m just trying to go back to the basics to fix this issue to no avail. This plant was gonna be a monster auto but now I’m just trying to save this plant at this point and finish it. View attachment 1169348View attachment 1169349
Overwatering damage takes time to repair. The root hairs have been drowned, and they need hospitable conditions and time to recover. Essentially, the roots need air in between waterings. The key thing is watering less often, and making sure that drainage exists, so that excess water drains out immediately. You want to water fully, maybe a gallon in that pot, but only when the pot is pretty dry (check the weight of the pot). It will be two to three weeks to recovery, once you solve the problem. If the soil is compacted, you might take a rod of some sort and poke aeration holes to the bottom every few inches. I repeat my suggestion of one light feeding of a general marijuana oriented grow fertilizer. Just one, at no more than 1/3 strength.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Overwatering damage takes time to repair. The root hairs have been drowned, and they need hospitable conditions and time to recover. Essentially, the roots need air in between waterings. The key thing is watering less often, and making sure that drainage exists, so that excess water drains out immediately. You want to water fully, maybe a gallon in that pot, but only when the pot is pretty dry (check the weight of the pot). It will be two to three weeks to recovery, once you solve the problem. If the soil is compacted, you might take a rod of some sort and poke aeration holes to the bottom every few inches. I repeat my suggestion of one light feeding of a general marijuana oriented grow fertilizer. Just one, at no more than 1/3 strength.
The only thing that worries me about that is this is an autoflower. I don’t have much experience like I said but the last auto didn’t need any food the whole grow until the very end and it was in a 3 Gal pot. Autos are more sensitive to nutrients and shes in a 5 gal so I figured I wouldn’t even need to feed. I may as well try it tho since things have been like this for quite sometime. Besides the droopy ness she has good color and she’s pretty big. I have one more of these seeds so now I feel I just grow this out perfectly as I set out to grow bigger plants with heavier harvests. Thanks for the input I really do appreciate it man.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

That's certainly your call. The tops look yellowish to me, which is commonly a potassium deficiency. But less is usually better than more, the big thing is to get it stabilized. It being an autoflower may hamper that obviously. I have never grown autos so I'm a little out of my league there.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Here we are and another week later and she still looks sad. I do think there has been a small improvement it’s hard to tell. She’s still drinking and the leaves aren’t wilting and it seems to be affecting the top a little more at this point. It seems the leaves almost look normal starting about half way down. Hopefully she will pull thru but only time will tell and we only have so much of it since she has been in flower for a couple weeks now.sorry for the pic quality I couldn’t get a bright pic
D50ECE5F 7EAC 40C8 AE0C D2AC2D492FF8

Here’s my 3 lemon kush clones in the 2x2 for the hell of it ✌️
D9B5F91B 01CA 4F76 A3CE 065A9F5106DC

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
what about the light question i asked earlier?
start with that first

Holeleechet

Holeleechet

I’ve grown this plant perfectly thru it’s whole life and it began flowering at around 5 weeks. I believe I overwatered and that was last Sunday. Let her dry back out all week and yesterday she was bone dry. Watered in 1 gallon into a 5 gallon fabric pot. She still looks sad so idk wtf to do. Possible root rot from the 1 time of overwatering? That’s all I can think of bc she’s been sad for a week now. She’s a fastbuds wedding cheesecake auto and I really wanted to test myself to see how big of a plant I can grow and man it’s just so disappointing She gave me 5 weeks of vegging from sprout of perfect growth and she’s a good size plant but man she would’ve been so much bigger if I didn’t fuck up when she just started flowering!! Sorry for the rant fam…

I’ve only used recharge,fish shit, and some kelp with distilled water.View attachment 1168653 View attachment 1168654

I’ve only used recharge,fish shit, and some kelp with distilled water.View attachment 1168653 View attachment 1168654
She’s fine mine did the same thing and drooped for a week the first time I switched them from a liter of water to a half gallon.

she’ll be fine, mine done the same thing when I switched from a liter of water to a half gallon at week 5. Pull the branches back with one more lst and cut off all the first growth’s giant leaves first thing in the morning and she’ll perk right up the next morning from the induced stress. It’ll make her not take in as much water the next night and it’ll dry out if that makes any sense. I asked fastbuds what to do when it happened and that’s what they told me to do. It worked like a charm and my colas are swelling up. I’ve got two weeks to go

Latest posts

Top Bottom