Droopy sick plants first time dwc

• Thread starter Thegrayghost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thegrayghost

Thegrayghost

Hey all, first time growing in dwc and I’ve encountered a bit of a problem and I’m stumped. I’m growing two watermelon zkittles autos in my first dwc grow I’ve grown in soil for years but never encountered anything like this, for the first two weeks my girls were doing amazing they seemed happy and healthy my reservoir had a low ppm of around 120 for those two weeks and on day 15 I changed my res and upped my nutes to a ppm of around 350 and had some minor stretching so I lowered my light from 24 inches to 20 when I did so it raised my water temp to around 75 which in turn seemed to cause signs of root rot after treating it by washing my roots changing the res again and adding hydroguard my plants have taken a turn for the worst I they seem to have slowed tremendously on growth, new growth is very dark green, lower leaves seemed to dry up on the tips and become brittle and the whole plant is droopy and curling under I have lowered the light intensity, lowered my ppm, lowered the water level, added another air stone for more dissolved oxygen my tent stays anywhere from 68-75 degrees, my RH is anywhere from 40-50% my water temp stays between 68-70 and my current ppm is 250 but my roots have turned completely brown but have new white roots starting to come through the rockwool and out of some of the old roots I am new to dwc so any help is greatly appreciated but at this point I’m completely stumped the first few pics are before I made the res change and the later ones are how my plants currently look

Droopy sick plants first time dwc
Droopy sick plants first time dwc 2
Droopy sick plants first time dwc 3
Droopy sick plants first time dwc 4
Droopy sick plants first time dwc 5
Droopy sick plants first time dwc 6
Droopy sick plants first time dwc 7
Droopy sick plants first time dwc 8
Thegrayghost

Thegrayghost

Also forgot to mention the PH of my water is a constant 6.0

Farmer95

Farmer95

On the one of last pictures with plant leaves, for me they look like some little dickhead spider or someone from his friends eat them

Habosabin

Habosabin

You have root rot. It's the reason your plant is starving. This happened to me my first time with DWC. You can save it by transplanting back into soil. I tried h2o2 and cleanse and couldnt kill the rot. Did you have brown slimy snot on the roots?

Hydroguard would be good to use from the beginning.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Lower the light intensity and top feed once a week.

Roots still look OK.

Drop ph to 5.6

Make sure they are getting airflow through the plants.

Water temp is fine air temps should be higher.

Drop the water level to 1" below the net pots so the airstones bubbles are breaking the surface and just misting the roots. Looks like you have the water all the way up the net pots.

Ppm about 300 should be good.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

And remove the leaves resting on the lid... they not only will restrict airflow but also won't breathe well because plants transpire from the underside of the leaves so they will die no matter what

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Roots look ok. Add a huge air rock in the bottom as Oxy kills many bad bacteria that cause root rot and other problems.
I personally would raise the water level about 2 inches. From what I remember, you are supposed to have about an inch or two gap from the bottom of the cup to the water.
I am not a hydro grower so I could very well be mistaken here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom