Droppy, leathery leaves. Insight on possibly soultions.

• Thread starter Co2BUDS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Co2BUDS

Co2BUDS

Hello Farmers,

Just trying to get a little advice on a couple of my plants. I have 8 plants, 4 Black cherry cheese cake cookies and 4 grape pie macs all from Scapegoat.
2 of my BCCCC are looking unhealthy and deformed. The leaves feel thick and leathery and the stems are extremely hard for their age and development.

The environment:
Temps, Daytime 79-81, nighttime 64-66
Humidity, locked in at 65%
CO2, 1200 PPM
Good air flow around the tent.

Grown under a Gavita 1700E
Grown in Michigan M3 soil
Watering 24-30 fl/oz every 3 days with RO water.

Any advice greatly appreciated,
Thank you!

Droppy leathery leaves insight on possibly soultions
Droppy leathery leaves insight on possibly soultions 2
Droppy leathery leaves insight on possibly soultions 3
growsince79

growsince79

Should I water til runoff now, you wait for them to dry back up? just watered yesterday.
You should always water to runoff. How big are the pots and how exactly how much do they weigh?

Co2BUDS

Co2BUDS

You should always water to runoff. How big are the pots and how exactly how much do they weigh?

I was under the impression that you don't water until runoff with soil, but makes sense that you would.
They are 5 gallon pots and weight about 8lbs

Keymaker

Keymaker

I never water to run off ever. Even in coco. How long have they been in the m3 Ive never ran just the m3 as it just last about 2-3 weeks, I've alway top dressed after at most 3 weeks if your not constantly up potting. How far the light? I feel like they're getting to much light.

growsince79

growsince79

I was under the impression that you don't water until runoff with soil, but makes sense that you would.
So they are bone dry except the root ball which is probably in bad shape. I would water to runoff now and when it stops draining weigh it again. The wait till it loses 10-12 pounds before you water again.

Co2BUDS

Co2BUDS

I never water to run off ever. Even in coco. How long have they been in the m3 Ive never ran just the m3 as it just last about 2-3 weeks, I've alway top dressed after at most 3 weeks if your not constantly up potting
They got transplated probably about 2 weeks ago from a 1 gal to a 5 gal

Co2BUDS

Co2BUDS

So they are bone dry except the root ball which is probably in bad shape. I would water to runoff now and when it stops draining weigh it again. The wait till it loses 10-12 pounds before you water again.
Will give her a go!
Thank you!

growsince79

growsince79

Don't need 15%, but if you don't you end up with dry pockets. 5 gal pot should take 1.5 gal of water every time.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for lifešŸŒ±
Supporter
With M3 you do not water till runoff.
plants are experiencing watering issues, as well as possible light damage.
how close is your 1700?

Homesteader

Homesteader

I just looked up that soil and was curious if you have used it before. Sounds like they have every organic nutrient know to man in there. not sure on the ratios but it looks like a nutrient lockout problem, (maybe from watering).
I think it is more than one thing but I would sprinkle some epsom salt around the soil and water it in. Take a spike an make channels for the water to run into the pots if they are running out the side.

growsince79

growsince79

With M3 you do not water till runoff.
plants are experiencing watering issues, as well as possible light damage.
how close is your 1700?
Horrible advice. You should always water completly. If you don't water until minimal runoff- you are left with dry pockets..

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for lifešŸŒ±
Supporter
Horrible advice. You should always water completly. If you don't water until minimal runoff- you are left with dry pockets..
Watering as necessary as the plant grows and matures. And watering till runoff of valuable nutrients In organic grows. Different thing entirely. Do what you wish 79. But every drop that escapes is nutrients lost.
water As you wish grower. šŸ‘Š

Co2BUDS

Co2BUDS

I just looked up that soil and was curious if you have used it before. Sounds like they have every organic nutrient know to man in there. not sure on the ratios but it looks like a nutrient lockout problem, (maybe from watering).
I think it is more than one thing but I would sprinkle some epsom salt around the soil and water it in. Take a spike an make channels for the water to run into the pots if they are running out the side.

This is my first run with M3, did a lot of research and decided yo give it a try. Plan on top dressing with gaia green once I make the flip. I think the soil was a bit dry when I transplanted, so I heavy watered it and plan on watering like I used too with FF. They say the soil retains moisture longer then standard potting mixes.
My plants always take a little stress when I move them from the VEG tent under 4 HLG 65s to the flower tent under the 1700E.
I veg them for a month under the 1700E until I make the flip.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for lifešŸŒ±
Supporter
Makes sense. Never ran the M3, but took a look at the blend.
looks pretty loaded.
I tried the organic, this bad got it all method earlier in my youth. Not for me.

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

Watering as necessary as the plant grows and matures. And watering till runoff of valuable nutrients In organic grows. Different thing entirely. Do what you wish 79. But every drop that escapes is nutrients lost.
water As you wish grower. šŸ‘Š
Watering to minimal runoff doesn't flush out anything. Watering the way he is is killing his plants. 24oz doesn't get the entire container wet.
Hello Farmers,

Just trying to get a little advice on a couple of my plants. I have 8 plants, 4 Black cherry cheese cake cookies and 4 grape pie macs all from Scapegoat.
2 of my BCCCC are looking unhealthy and deformed. The leaves feel thick and leathery and the stems are extremely hard for their age and development.

The environment:
Temps, Daytime 79-81, nighttime 64-66
Humidity, locked in at 65%
CO2, 1200 PPM
Good air flow around the tent.

Grown under a Gavita 1700E
Grown in Michigan M3 soil
Watering 24-30 fl/oz every 3 days with RO water.

Any advice greatly appreciated,
Thank you!
How big are the pots?

Latest posts

Top Bottom