drowning in nutes

• Thread starter frogeye
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

frogeye

with all the nute co out there how do u really know which is the best compared to just average.one day i was sitting there and noticed just how much nutrients and enhancers i had and started to wonder how much of this stuff really raises the bar to the next level.and does it really pay off in the end with flavor looks and or potency? is fox farm of lesser quality then say botanicare or is canna better then h@g? is the price of that root enhancer really worth it? another words if u took the cheapest nutes for whatever app ur using soil/hydro/coco and compared it to the most expensive out there would u really notice the end product as being superior?i ran advanced nutes for years and i loved them but it got to the point where i had 25 bottles of stuff and got fed up 1 day and switched to gh to fox farm,canna and now run the h@g line up which imo is pretty simple and the plants respond well to it.i also see other peoples nute list and its just so much stuff that i have to ask when is 2 much too much?and if u had to use a pretty simple regamine consisting of 1 veg nute,1 bloom nute, and 1 bloom enhancer do u think u would reach as close to where u have ur plants now with all the other nutes?give ur imput good or bad cuz 2 me it seems like there r 10 -15 great products on the market and 100's of products that arent so great.i know i cant be the only 1 who hates spending all day changing a rez out.peace

M

Malachi

i think that it all depends on your medium. if you are growing in hydro many of the stuff that is normally found in soil should be replaced for best results. i personally think a good nutrient formula should consist of the following: some beneficial bacteria, a root stimulator, veg and flower base nutes, some supplimental cal/mag, a silicate, some H2 and F1, a bloom booster, a ripening nute, some enzymes and some sugars. Sure you can get good results with running just a simple 2-part nute formula but once you know what roll each one of these suppliments do during the plants life cycle you can dial in your nutrients and really optimize your plants veg and bloom phase. So to answer your question, yes I think that you would experience better results and increased yields with some supplimental nutes but having over 20 bottles seems excessive.

F

frogeye

i guess i didnt write it as well as i could have .what im askin is is there any factual proof from real people doing real tests that show if u were to -lets say ur h,f,and ur sili that ur yields would decrease u would lose potency and or the physical appearance would diminish as well. granted with all the different nutes and enhancers available for ur plant it definately wouldnt have to work as hard to access the nutes.how much of it does the plant really use considering the ph flux just to be able to absorb half of it and how much of the stuff released by the nute companies is really legit?its almost like they take the same formula -25% strenght label it and call in the marketing gods and sit back and laugh and count their money and as long as it doesnt negatively affect the overall product u wouldnt be able to tell if it was brown water or really an additive it just seems excessive now.so is it peace of mind using all these product that r supposedly necessity or is it believing whats being fed 2 us.im askin cuz landrace strains in general dont grow in 1200 ppm soil with any enhancers and theydo pretty well yes different plants have different needs but how much do they really need and is to much really to much does the plant eventually get lazy and lose vigor and evolve into a bland less potent plant over time?thats a great pic u have lol peace

S

Surfr

This is a very good question Frogeye.. I do not have much to add here, but I am very curious of the outcome to this thread.. I too am tired of mixing 7 different bottles each watering. One thing I am going to start looking into is, mixing more into my soul and using less bottled nutes. I don't want to go completely just soil and water, a good mixture of both would be perfect i think.

:character0180:

M

Malachi

Not sure either, but the things that you mentioned the F1 H2 and Silicates are naturally found in soil so I bet if you were using a soil recipe then you wouldn't need to suppliment them, but as far as a test goes not sure on that. I have found that certain nutrient companies do in fact seem to water down their nutrients more then others. I would much rather use botanicares sweet vs AN Bud Candy because it is more concentrated and so is the Silica Blast VS Rhino Skin, so I can see where certain nutrient companies could benefit by watering down nutrients telling you to buy more and on top of that doubling the price. I think education here is the key for everyone, to learn each products role in the plants life cycle and create your own feeding schedule. If you listen to the nutrient companies then I think you are right you are going to be buying loads and loads of additives and some may not even be important to your plant, or overlap some ingredients found in other products. This is one reason why the Lucas formula has become so popular with growers these days.

K

Kpezzy

Personally, I think Roots Excel is the best juice in a bottle that you can buy. That shit just plane ole works, and works well

F

frogeye

well thx for the imput yall hopefully some people have some real doc test that show the good from bad.all info to me is helpful and ive tried to find links on this subject but not to much available mostly just opinion we need like a consumer reports on nute and enhancers lol.ill keep lookin to see what i can find ill post all info on here and hopefully others will do the same. malachi ur right on point with the nute overlapping thats a good point.peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom