Drug counseling/medical marijuana patient and cannabis cultivator? Views and opinions

• Thread starter tco_0420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tco_0420

tco_0420

What are everyone’s opinions about a drug/alcohol counselor that grows cannabis and has a medical marijuana card!? Some people say it’s fine and some say it’s hypocritical!

I have my own view on it and I think it could really work I want to see everyone’s opinions on it and I’ll share mine later on this day

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Depends on your perspective of sobriety.

I myself smoke because it's a narcotic high. Me sober VS smoking are two totally different people.

What if being sober and ditching weed would help specific individuals lives improve. Would you be able to convince people to quit smoking if that's what they needed.

I know plenty of people whom need to quit smoking because it turned them into a moron. It's obviously not for everyone. You being a smoker means you should be in a better position to give advice, Since your a functionable user.

I myself would be afraid I'd convince some to smoke whom really shouldn't.

FourPlants

FourPlants

What are everyone’s opinions about a drug/alcohol counselor that grows cannabis and has a medical marijuana card!? Some people say it’s fine and some say it’s hypocritical!

I have my own view on it and I think it could really work I want to see everyone’s opinions on it and I’ll share mine later on this day

There should not be an issue with it. Nobody would question a counselor on a benzo like Xanax.

Unfortunately, the old perceptions of cannabis without medicinal value still exists out there.

If you aren't abusing it and it isn't negatively affecting your daily life keep on trucking

tco_0420

tco_0420

I’m fine with all different opinions that’s why I made this bc I want to see everyone’s honestly, I do it because it helps me in all honesty, but I for one do not like suboxone, I would like to see it get replaced with cannabis to help addicts through withdrawals and treat it like a medicine in that way as well bc that is truly what helped me! I did everything for yearssss, now I just smoke and work and take care of my family and grow and blow, I just wanted a happy life and that’s what I have

FourPlants

FourPlants

Without Pot to calm the withdraws my brother would have never stopped shooting up. He's sober now though. He used pot to quit heron, now he's dead sober and has to stay sober. Once he's under the influence of anything, he will use.
Glad to hear he managed to beat it.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Locally a guy that used to buy shit got a Job as youth consellor for youth with drug problems. He brought them home for a smoke. I dont agree with that.

Its a dual sided sword. It can be beneficial and it can be not beneficial. It depends on the individual, age, situation of living(for instance without work staying home smoking)
A lot of things factor in.

Are you gonna advertise cannabis recreational use? Or is that personal and away from the professional?

There is no one answer, if I was you I would keep the growing part for myself. But I live in a part of the world where its illegal. If its legal then its nobodys cause..unless you advertise it to your 'patients ' i guess

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Would a drug/alcohol counselor who had an occasional drink or wine/beer with dinner be considered a hypocrite? I don't think so.

If a drug/alcohol counselor had to take a potentially addicting drug for a medical condition, would that person be a hypocrite? I also don't think so there, either.

freezeland2

freezeland2

There are some substance abuse counselors who drink alcohol too. The key word here is abuse. There are those of us who smoke out of need for medical reasons. And then there is recreational users, and then there are those who abuse it. The latter are those that need help to live a more productive life.

tco_0420

tco_0420

Locally a guy that used to buy shit got a Job as youth consellor for youth with drug problems. He brought them home for a smoke. I dont agree with that.

Its a dual sided sword. It can be beneficial and it can be not beneficial. It depends on the individual, age, situation of living(for instance without work staying home smoking)
A lot of things factor in.

Are you gonna advertise cannabis recreational use? Or is that personal and away from the professional?

There is no one answer, if I was you I would keep the growing part for myself. But I live in a part of the world where its illegal. If its legal then its nobodys cause..unless you advertise it to your 'patients ' i guess
Everything for is for myself, no one but my wife knows I grow either

OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

quit drinking and driveing in mid 70 started smoking ,cured the problems with john law, at the time they wern't so hip to cannabis in my area. saved me from going to the pen.

Top Bottom