Dry amendment ratios and mixing? - super soil? outdoor grow help

• Thread starter PLantAsEED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

Last season I had some deficiencies with the outdoor. My mix of fertilizer must’ve been off. Tried again indoors with the same products and poor results. Before I just say F it and buy bottles, I’d like to find a ratio to save money and time by just letting the rain take care of them.

I have;
Happy frog soil
All purpose (down to earth) 4-6-2
Bat guano (down to earth) 9-3-1
Crab meal (down to earth) 4-3-0
Langbenite (down to earth) 0-0-22
Worm castings (wiggle worm) 1-0-0

How could you go about mixing soil for veg, top dressing, flower mix, and timing of it all?

quirk

quirk

I follow directions on the bag. Zero defects or deficiencies. You could combine your ingredients and use the same ratio.
Organic soil auto grower.

Growin Green
Ferts
All done
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Are you ask
Last season I had some deficiencies with the outdoor. My mix of fertilizer must’ve been off. Tried again indoors with the same products and poor results. Before I just say F it and buy bottles, I’d like to find a ratio to save money and time by just letting the rain take care of them.

I have;
Happy frog soil
All purpose (down to earth) 4-6-2
Bat guano (down to earth) 9-3-1
Crab meal (down to earth) 4-3-0
Langbenite (down to earth) 0-0-22
Worm castings (wiggle worm) 1-0-0

How could you go about mixing soil for veg, top dressing, flower mix, and timing of it all?
Are you asking what we would do if we had what you have? Lol

PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

I follow directions on the bag. Zero defects or deficiencies. You could combine your ingredients and use the same ratio.
Organic soil auto grower.

Thanks. I get the whole 1-2tbs per gallon rate but if I have 4 different boxes that all say the same thing, do I then give a 1/4 tbs of each or do I stick to 1tbs per gallon from each box?

quirk

quirk

Thanks. I get the whole 1-2tbs per gallon rate but if I have 4 different boxes that all say the same thing, do I then give a 1/4 tbs of each or do I stick to 1tbs per gallon from each box?

I was thinking combine and mix equal amounts of each ingredient, then use at 2 tablespoons per gallon of medium.

mancorn

mancorn

Here’s a link to combing dry ingredients. https://oaksterdamuniversity.com/combining-n-p-k-ratios/
But the problem with just adding up the NPK with organics is that a fair amount of the ingredients aren’t water soluble and readily available to the plant (like a salt based nutrient). So if might take months before one nutrient is available, while another may be available in a couple weeks.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Your going to want to develop a plan of attack based upon your growing plan. I like hot mixes but you have to cook them or let them cool before use. What is your ultimate plan for this soil?

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

How big of pots you tryin to rock and how soon are you hoping to plant?

PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

How big of pots you tryin to rock and how soon are you hoping to plant?
I am looking to go into 2’x2’x1.5’ boxes without a bottom, so around 30-40 gallons. And one or two plants in the ground direct. Prob out by 6/1 at latest.

I am using happy frog soil that already has a few weeks of Nutes in it, so will just be looking to amend it with top dressings twice during veg and once or twice during flower is all.

PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

Here’s a link to combing dry ingredients. https://oaksterdamuniversity.com/combining-n-p-k-ratios/
But the problem with just adding up the NPK with organics is that a fair amount of the ingredients aren’t water soluble and readily available to the plant (like a salt based nutrient). So if might take months before one nutrient is available, while another may be available in a couple weeks.

Thanks for the link. It cleared some things up. Now it’s just a matter of figuring out the breakdown rate of what I have on hand. 🤷‍♂️

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Can you post some pics of the rates of application for each amendment?

Top Bottom