dry GH koolbloom vs Botanicare hydroplex

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

i’ve been running lucas with some additives. i been feeding using hydroplex since they started flower.. i’m currently in week 4 Day 31. now i want to add dry kool bloom but i’m unsure if i should cut out the hydroplex or simply ADD the koolbloom.. hydroplex is said to be used throughout the entire flower cycle not through flush obviously. and i know kool
bloom can burn so don’t wanna do too much. gonna start it at 1/2 strength with or without hydroplex.
any thought or help would be appreciated. with tap water and just the hydroplex i’m going in at like 1400~ ppm tap water is 300~ ppm.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i’ve been running lucas with some additives. i been feeding using hydroplex since they started flower.. i’m currently in week 4 Day 31. now i want to add dry kool bloom but i’m unsure if i should cut out the hydroplex or simply ADD the koolbloom.. hydroplex is said to be used throughout the entire flower cycle not through flush obviously. and i know kool
bloom can burn so don’t wanna do too much. gonna start it at 1/2 strength with or without hydroplex.
any thought or help would be appreciated. with tap water and just the hydroplex i’m going in at like 1400~ ppm tap water is 300~ ppm.
They are basically the same. Use one or the other not both.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
right on man!! thanks! probably just gonna run the hydroplex and then i’ll try next run adding kool bloom.

forgot to mention it’s dry kool bloom lol big difference i believe..
Hydroplex is similar to liquid koolbloom. If you stop using that in week 7 you can use dry koolbloom for a single application at half to full strength, just dont go over that.

Dry koolbloom does work to bulk up the yield, but ive found it will initiate senesence whether the plant is naturally done or not which is beneficial for commercial cash croppers but no so much for the MiMedgrowers of this world., and it tends to leave a bit of a noticable flavor. Not a bad one, but once you pick it out you can kinda tell by smoking whether the grower used it or not.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
I don't support the Hawthorne/Scott's monopoly. I would rather make my own dry Kool Bloom for pennies on the dollar:

percentages, by weight

Mono Potassium Phosphate : 85.77%
Magnesium Sulfate : 10.81%
Mono Ammonium Phosphate : 4.96%
Ammonium Nitrate : 4.02%
Ammonium Sulfate : 0.76%

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I don't support the Hawthorne/Scott's monopoly. I would rather make my own dry Kool Bloom for pennies on the dollar:

percentages, by weight

Mono Potassium Phosphate : 85.77%
Magnesium Sulfate : 10.81%
Mono Ammonium Phosphate : 4.96%
Ammonium Nitrate : 4.02%
Ammonium Sulfate : 0.76%
Hard to get that ammonium nitrate these days. I know unused to be able to order it no problem.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Well dang. If you can't get it from your local farm supply, you can always order ice packs off Amazon for ammonia nitrate.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Wow great tip!!!! I had no idea
If you find a source let me know. Last time i went looking for it in Ice packs all i could find was ammonium chloride. I couldnt find a single ice pack that contained ammonium nitrate.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you find a source let me know. Last time i went looking for it in Ice packs all i could find was ammonium chloride. I couldnt find a single ice pack that contained ammonium nitrate.

XxTheWolfxX

XxTheWolfxX

I just want to mention that liquid Kool bloom and dry Kool bloom are not the same. Liquid Kool bloom you use after the transition to flower and all the way through peak flowering, late flowering/ripen (the last 2 or 3 weeks) you use the dry Kool bloom. The dry Kool bloom is awesome stuff, I swear by it. When used right, it really will have your branches flopping over hard adding weight, hardening them up and upping the cannabinoid and terpene content. It mildly stresses the plants, almost like a jolt of caffeine and gives the plants a final push to strongly come across the finish line!

Top Bottom