Dry Ice - CO2 source

• Thread starter Macadoo125
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Macadoo125

Has anyone tried using dry ice as a CO2 source for a small setup. I can see potential problems with putting the dry ice directly in the hydroponics water as it may shock the plant with the temperature change. I was thinking more of just having it dissapate in the confined area of a micro grow room ( closet ) each night during flowering. I think it is fairly cheap and could be stored in freezer under the right conditions. Your thoughts?

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

Co2

not that easy.. I used dry ice because I could get it easy.... you can't freeze it for that long so I used small bags and often.. I would keep a fan on the dry ice and fill the room with CO2 .. thats cool with all the smoke effect.... but its down side was having to go get so often.. told them I did night clubs and needed lots of it for DJ's ...hate having to remember my bull shit story's...once the dry ice fell on some of my babys.. it killed them in seconds...like Mr. Freeze...and I burned my hands with it too... its good having CO2 but if you can get the ice you can get the gas... the gas is better to use and if you know some welders they can sort out a regulator or spend a bit of cash on one.. tell then its for a bar and you use co2 gas for cola.. the gas for beer is different.. it's mixed gas...Co2 is wicked but people always think it helps the yield... kinda... it makes more foliage on the plant and that means more bud... they gro fast but it take just as long to flower out...you can do with out it but if its a easy option to get it I would go for as much as you can get with spending too much cash on it.....with Co2 the room should be air tight to max it... find that balance is hard.. but if you get it working for you your crop will gro strong... just my thoughts on it.. hope that helps you decide..

I'm just up and read your message again.. do not put dry ice in the tank of water there is co2 tab's for that.. it will freeze your roots if you put it in the tank.. bad idea plants would not gro:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

M

Macadoo125

Interesesting, I figured someone must have tried it before. Thanks for your input.

Top Bottom