Dry Ice Hash Into Dabs?

• Thread starter LittleLouie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleLouie

LittleLouie

Hey all, looking to see what methods people are using to turn dry ice hash into dabs. Dry ice hash is so simple but can it be turned into a full melt dab?
Thanks.

LittleLouie

LittleLouie

I'm wondering if making into kief first then doing the thermos method that is stickied in here is a good idea or is the extra step of making it into kief a wasted step? Will the butane do the job easier?

Muckman420

Muckman420

I'm wondering if making into kief first then doing the thermos method that is stickied in here is a good idea or is the extra step of making it into kief a wasted step? Will the butane do the job easier?
I think it would be a wasted step

K

kuz

I melted some in everclear once. Froze it, strained it and boiled off the alcohol to make some oil. I think I lost about 30% when I strained it, I was surprised how much was lost. Dry ice is cheap and quick, but there seems to be a lot of plant material, waxes, whatever that gets through the filter.

D

dab science

dry ice makes dry kief...... regular ice melts and adds moisture to your kief..... id dry ice it for ease of use but i hear bubble holds more terp flavor

D

dab science

Dry ice, then Into 25iu bags for solventless rosin extracts.
what micron dry ice kief have you used i have been useing a tumbler with a 180 micron barrel
i was thinking about running my 180 kief through a finer grade screen to filter out some of the plant material before putting it in the 25 micron teabags but havent tried this yet if you or anyone has any experience with this i would love to hear what you have found

Graywolf

Graywolf

Rosin works, is safe, and has a low entry cost to get started.

We also extract dry sieve and bubble using a short column on a Terpenator.

NugMountain

NugMountain

what micron dry ice kief have you used i have been useing a tumbler with a 180 micron barrel
i was thinking about running my 180 kief through a finer grade screen to filter out some of the plant material before putting it in the 25 micron teabags but havent tried this yet if you or anyone has any experience with this i would love to hear what you have found
What is methodology w dry ice.? I have been freezing trim then tumbling . Been a bit apprehensive to tumble dry ice w trim in barrel, I don't wAnt to wear down the silk screen... But maybe it won't? Please advise . Thanks

D

dab science

[QUOTEMountain, post: 1806372, member: 79511"]What is methodology w dry ice.? I have been freezing trim then tumbling . Been a bit apprehensive to tumble dry ice w trim in barrel, I don't wAnt to wear down the silk screen... But maybe it won't? Please advise . Thanks[/QUOTE]
Use a stainless steal screen

NugMountain

NugMountain

[QUOTEMountain, post: 1806372, member: 79511"]What is methodology w dry ice.? I have been freezing trim then tumbling . Been a bit apprehensive to tumble dry ice w trim in barrel, I don't wAnt to wear down the silk screen... But maybe it won't? Please advise . Thanks
Use a stainless steal screen[/QUOTE]

NugMountain

NugMountain

Well that is some good old common sense I totally overlooked... Thnx! I will have to make a new tumbler.... For now maybe I'll mix dry ice and trim in cooler then separate prior to tumbling .. but I'm guessing result won't be as good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom