Dry room settups /post photos of da best

• Thread starter Godfthrfarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Godfthrfarm

Hello to my family of growers..I'm hoping to get help and help others with this question..so we are all about to harvest soon so I'm inlisting all the experts on the best dry rooms and techniques for a great harvest and dry..so any of you wanna share some setups or tell the beginners some tips on how to make sure you dry the crop correctly..we all know this is 1 of the most important parts of it all some people grow all season only 2 f it up in the end ..so what ya got???

Bisquick

Bisquick

How many plants do you have? How big. I dry in a grow tent. Have a fan in it and a humidifier. 5-10 days and then trim and cure in mason jars

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

Definitely depends on where you are at, the time of year you are taking down and how well whatever area can hold temps. I section off an area of the house, black out the windows, install an window a/c and will either have a humidifier or dehumidifier (depending on outside weather, i.e. Greenhouse coming down in July when it's 110 and no humidity will flash dry the buds thus I add humidity after the first day.) The ideal environment being 70/50. 70 degrees and 50% humidity. Hopefully, drying takes a week. Then buc it off the branches, store with bovieda packs and trim and jar it into 64 oz jars - wala! The jury is out on wet trimming, but most organic growers (and some non) refuse to wet trim (i.e. removing the fans leaves when you hang dry the buds.)

G

Godfthrfarm

I'm trying 2 dry all of this ...I realize they are not ready yet but I need 2 get dry room set up..ideas??

20190913 183210
Bisquick

Bisquick

alright, now we are talking. What do you have available? In cases like this i've kicked people out of bedrooms. You'll want something that has some air movement, zero light. you'll want to be around 65-75 degrees, 45-55% humidity, and some air flow. I'd hang lines from end to end of the room to be able to hang all of this.

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

alright, now we are talking. What do you have available? In cases like this i've kicked people out of bedrooms. You'll want something that has some air movement, zero light. you'll want to be around 65-75 degrees, 45-55% humidity, and some air flow. I'd hang lines from end to end of the room to be able to hang all of this.

Agreed. I forgot airflow - so very vital.. fans blowing but I usually point then towards a wall or keep them in the floor... Have one pointing one way and another another way... with such a large Garden I would think youve run through this process before? I double line...I put up 1x2s boards with eyelits - double or triple stack them down the wall. hopefully you have different strains that finish at different times...I just section off a make shift room in the house and put up some temporary insulation. I also have several different strains at finish at different times so it's convenient.

IMG 20190916 100829

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

Agreed. I forgot airflow - so very vital.. fans blowing but I usually point then towards a wall or keep them in the floor... Have one pointing one way and another another way... with such a large Garden I would think youve run through this process before? I double line...I put up 1x2s boards with eyelits - double or triple stack them down the wall. hopefully you have different strains that finish at different times...I just section off a make shift room in the house and put up some temporary insulation. I also have several different strains at finish at different times so it's convenient.

View attachment 896413

In a 12x12 room with double layers of string you can dry 10 per go round. You probably have about 40-50 if all goes well.

Shedhead

Shedhead

I'm trying 2 dry all of this ...I realize they are not ready yet but I need 2 get dry room set up..ideas??
OMG if I had that much to dry I'd be having a dicky fit, thats a ffing lot of plant/bud to dry man! Good luck anyway!

Bisquick

Bisquick

OMG if I had that much to dry I'd be having a dicky fit, thats a ffing lot of plant/bud to dry man! Good luck anyway!

I’d be more freaking out about trimming 😂. I grow about 2-3 lbs and trim solo and end up giving up halfway through every year.

Top Bottom