Dry with fan or without?

• Thread starter Bib4tuna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

I have 4 plants drying in a tiny closet with a small fan. Theyve been drying for 36 hrs now & seem pretty dry already. Im afraid theyre drying too fast. The plants are small to begin with & the closet is really tiny so this could be the reason for them drying too quickly. Should I take fan out & dry without it? Im afraid if they dry too fast the bud will taste like crap.

dred

dred

Whats the humidity in the room?
if they feel crispy might be time to jar em
fan dries them pretty quick, probably to quick if blowing on them.
i use a fan when there is high humidity over 50
but never blow right on them

just need slight air movement IMO

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Maybe just jar them and stick a small hygrometer in each jar and burp twice a day in the beginning if humidity goes to quick or to much over 62%

Madbud

Madbud

Bend the branch, it should snap, not break but snap. The smallest bud should break right off when its dry enough to cure the larger buds. The idea of a fan is to create air flow, a draft, not a breeze. Humidity is numero uno, 55-60° is ideal, below 50 is too dry.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Bend the branch, it should snap, not break but snap. The smallest bud should break right off when its dry enough to cure the larger buds. The idea of a fan is to create air flow, a draft, not a breeze. Humidity is numero uno, 55-60° is ideal, below 50 is too dry.
I believe the stalk you mention is actually the stem of a nug and not the branch you have hanging .

20201101 091059
Doublej

Doublej

Whats the humidity in the room?
if they feel crispy might be time to jar em
fan dries them pretty quick, probably to quick if blowing on them.
i use a fan when there is high humidity over 50
but never blow right on them

just need slight air movement IMO
Yep, never blow air right at them, even a small fan blowing on the floor in a small dry space can cause the plants to dry too soon.
In my experience the longer it takes to dry the smoother the smoke is. Humidity dose play a big part in the process, I used to hang whole plants and just keep the air "slightly moving"in the dry space. It's hard to say one way or the other as far as where you are as far as humidity levels are at. But at 36 hours and the plants are already crispy, I would say there drying to fast, you don't want all your hard work to make you cough! Even if you half to take the fan out of the dry space and place it outside of it so the air still moves in the space, you should be golden.
This is usually when growers jump the gun. Take it slowly....

Hope this helps...🎯✌️

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Yep, never blow air right at them, even a small fan blowing on the floor in a small dry space can cause the plants to dry too soon.
In my experience the longer it takes to dry the smoother the smoke is. Humidity dose play a big part in the process, I used to hang whole plants and just keep the air "slightly moving"in the dry space. It's hard to say one way or the other as far as where you are as far as humidity levels are at. But at 36 hours and the plants are already crispy, I would say there drying to fast, you don't want all your hard work to make you cough! Even if you half to take the fan out of the dry space and place it outside of it so the air still moves in the space, you should be golden.
This is usually when growers jump the gun. Take it slowly....

Hope this helps...🎯✌️
I get the whole idea behing the fan for mold but I started plants late & plants are really small so I dont think mold is a problem. Also as I mentioned closet is tiny & even without fan blowing directly on plants its bouncing off walls of closet & hitting plants so I think its drying too quickly. After 36 hrs they seem way too dry & as you guys have mentioned after all this hard work I dont wont to make cough. I think ill remove fan & after a bit move to paper bags.

Doublej

Doublej

I get the whole idea behing the fan for mold but I started plants late & plants are really small so I dont think mold is a problem. Also as I mentioned closet is tiny & even without fan blowing directly on plants its bouncing off walls of closet & hitting plants so I think its drying too quickly. After 36 hrs they seem way too dry & as you guys have mentioned after all this hard work I dont wont to make cough. I think ill remove fan & after a bit move to paper bags.
That's why I suggested that that the fan being moved. There's no way we can pinpoint the ultimate drying circumstance for you, however we can get close. My suggestion is to move the fan out of the tiny closet or whatever it is, and just keep the air moving, keeping an eye out for warm temps and high or low humidity. Best of luck brother...đź‘Ť

Doublej

Doublej

Also never was a big fan of the paper bag thing, but it does work. Just half to keep the buds rotated so they don't sit in the same spot all the time, a net basket, or some kind of screen I believe would work better IMO.
That's just me tho, you'll be fine, just gotta figure out that sweet spot for your conditions.
Best of luck buddy, let us know how it works out for you....

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I have 4 plants drying in a tiny closet with a small fan. Theyve been drying for 36 hrs now & seem pretty dry already. Im afraid theyre drying too fast. The plants are small to begin with & the closet is really tiny so this could be the reason for them drying too quickly. Should I take fan out & dry without it? Im afraid if they dry too fast the bud will taste like crap.
Fill a jar with Bud, put in a hygrometer and leave it sealed for at least four hours to get an idea of the humidity in the bud; the longer you leave the jar sealed the more true of a reading you'll get

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

That's why I suggested that that the fan being moved. There's no way we can pinpoint the ultimate drying circumstance for you, however we can get close. My suggestion is to move the fan out of the tiny closet or whatever it is, and just keep the air moving, keeping an eye out for warm temps and high or low humidity. Best of luck brother...đź‘Ť
Also never was a big fan of the paper bag thing, but it does work. Just half to keep the buds rotated so they don't sit in the same spot all the time, a net basket, or some kind of screen I believe would work better IMO.
That's just me tho, you'll be fine, just gotta figure out that sweet spot for your conditions.
Best of luck buddy, let us know how it works out for you....
Thx,will do. Hopefully it works out. It was just drying way too fast so I thought extra step on paper bag would slow it down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom