Drying and Curing different strains

• Thread starter FarmerZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FarmerZ

hi fellow indoor farmers :)

so ive finally reached a point where i am harvesting high grade from all of my plants most of the time.... some seeds are just, not so great.

but this time i grew 4 clones that i had previously grown seeds of.

- cookies kush
- jack herer
- blueberry sativa pheno
- blueberry indica pheno

my question/debate is:

do you think the jarring of buds at different moisture levels for different strains is necessary to bring out the maximum flavour and potency?

for example: blueberry sativa last round was jarred at around 60% which rose to 64/65% and burped her down to 63/64% - the result was a sour blueberry flavour that just rocked and blew everyones mind. this time round i jarred her at around 67/68% and left jars open slightly and slow dried to 64%. but this time round the flavour and smell are not as enticing... still top taste and smoke, but that sour smell that was previously there was something else. same specs were used for growing both times round.

on the other hand, the cookies kush was jarred after 5days drying (drying room always set at 60-63% humidity 20-21C temp but have ac running in back so it tends to dry fast anyway) and jars left slightly open for around 5-7days till around 64%... and she tastes and smells like canada... haha

just looking for some experienced opinions and advice on what types of strains/phenos/terpenes would need what type of moisture content before curing.

thanks and have a great weekend!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Sounds like your RH was a little high the second time around. You probably got a slightly sharp scent while it was curing, at first. REMEMBER THAT SCENT!

I almost never check RH anymore. I cure by scent. That sharp odor, I believe, is ammonia, and it tells you the RH is slightly high.

Reactions: TSD
F

FarmerZ

Sounds like your RH was a little high the second time around. You probably got a slightly sharp scent while it was curing, at first. REMEMBER THAT SCENT!

I almost never check RH anymore. I cure by scent. That sharp odor, I believe, is ammonia, and it tells you the RH is slightly high.
thankyou, yes in this case it did not seem like ammonia but i did have 1 bud with a tiny little mould at stem, which i removed after drying. literally one as they were really chunky and dense. i am guessing the humidity got a little too stuck this time round and screwed somewhat with those terpenes. i guess i might have been better off leaving a few more days to dry on the branch and then jarring...

have a good one mate!

Top Bottom