Drying And Curing For Alcohol Extraction?

• Thread starter StandingRock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StandingRock

StandingRock

I did a grow solely to make concentrate using alcohol extraction for edibles. My question is do I need to do a nice, slow dry and cure with my buds like I usually do or can I just let them quick dry completely and go about my extraction?

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I'm not a big fan of smoking honestly so I'm looking forward to making my first edibles. Gummy Bears with 20mg each sounds good lol
That could easily be done.

I prefer edibles too. Because ge high lasts a LOT longer as an edible than smoking.

But with the Green dragon almost anything can be an edible.

I put my Green dragon in tea, smoothie, tablespoon of water shot of Vodka.

One down side of edibles it usually takes 45-120 minutes before it hits you.

What i do. I have my Green dragon, then 2-3 drags from my wax Atomizer to get me medicated till the edible can take over.

StandingRock

StandingRock

That could easily be done.

I prefer edibles too. Because ge high lasts a LOT longer as an edible than smoking.

But with the Green dragon almost anything can be an edible.

I put my Green dragon in tea, smoothie, tablespoon of water shot of Vodka.

One down side of edibles it usually takes 45-120 minutes before it hits you.

What i do. I have my Green dragon, then 2-3 drags from my wax Atomizer to get me medicated till the edible can take over.
What exactly is green dragon?

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

What exactly is green dragon?
There are different ways to do it; but here is what works for me.

The amounts are up to you.

3.5 grams ground buds frozen.
Everclear frozen.

Put frozen plant in glass container. Pour enough Everclear, moonshine, Ethanol over The herb, cover tightly and swirl the alcohol And herb together for about 3 minutes or more.

Strain the herb from alcohol and discard the herb.

Now put tge liquid back in tge glass container and cover with coffee filter, paper towell and allow tge liquid to reduce by two thirds so i have an eighth of an ounce of cannabis in 10 ml bottle.

When i am ready but forgot to make edibles.

I add some Green dragon to a cup of tea, coffee, smoothie, some water, even a few drops under your tongue and hold it there for 30 seconds or so.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I would think fresh would be better? No cure at all? Still wet even.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Or are you saying you think it would be better to just extract it when it's fresh? Im worried to much water would drain through even if it is frozen.
If you winterize the alcohol cannabinoid mixture for 6 hours in the freezer abd filter inside tge freezer the water will freeze to ice and ve trapped in tge coffee filter.

Another bennefit is leaving clorophyll fats and solids behind.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I did a grow solely to make concentrate using alcohol extraction for edibles. My question is do I need to do a nice, slow dry and cure with my buds like I usually do or can I just let them quick dry completely and go about my extraction?
Dont worry about curing... thats for plant matter gas off... all youre doing is rippin trichs.... dry it out and go!!!

Graywolf

Graywolf

There are a couple issues to consider. Most of the taste and aroma is monoterpenes, all of which produce their own medicinal effects in entourage with the cannabinoids. How you dry/cure the material affects their levels in the final concentrate.

The second is chlorophyll. Alcohol and chlorophyll have a love affair and though some chlorophyll is salubrious, in high concentrations it gives some brothers and sisters severe gastric distress, aside from the greeeeeeeeeeeeeeen taste.

I prefer to make Brown Dragon, instead of Greeen Dragon, because it not only lacks the greeen flavor, it has one I find really tasty. https://skunkpharmresearch.com/qwet-extraction/

Regarding the dry/cure. We usually strip the fan leaves and hang a plant until the small stems snap, but don't cure it before extracting with ethanol. Typically 5 to 7 days.

We do however freeze the material and chill the alcohol to OF, which freezes the remaining water in place, tying up the water soluble chlorophyll binding proteins and thus the chlorophyll, before extracting and generally follow the QWET techniques when extracting with ethanol.

3 minute frozen extract
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I was about to post a new thread about quick drying and found this one.
Ive been experimenting with quick drying in a jerky maker and I think that my concentrates come out much much tastier with a 2 to 3 day quick dry in the jerky maker on low to no heat setting 95°F.
Ive tried half dried for live resin and unless you have liquid nitrogen its not worth it.
Ive tried concentrates made from primo dried and cured nugs and the concentrate is not as good as the stuff made from fast dried trim and larf. I also think quick dried bud vapes better with more flavor.
I dont smoke tobacco or even blunts and I very rarely smoke a joint or a bowl so I have a very fine palette and can taste subtle differences in flavors.
When they are crumble to dust dry I put them in a coffee grinder for bud only and pulse a few times to losely chop then freeze overnight with your preferred solvent in seperate containers for a next day quick wash.

Top Bottom