Drying buds outdoors?

• Thread starter temu99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
temu99

temu99

When drying buds, I keep reading that they need to be kept in dark.
My question.....does it mean to keep them *ONLY* out of UV sunlight? Since it's the UV light that degrades THC? Or do they also must be in darkness?
I'm questioning whether even the ambient lights degrade THC, and not just the direct sunlight?(I suspect they won't).
I mean....didn't they use to dry buds outdoors naturally long time ago, in shade outdoors?
I live in an area where humidity and temperature are ideal for drying outdoors.
If anyone has experience drying outdoors, I would appreciate some insights.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Just out of direct sunlight, I dry in my greenhouse under shade cloth. So no worries ! Provided the humidity is low enough and plenty of air movement and exchange

temu99

temu99

Just out of direct sunlight, I dry in my greenhouse under shade cloth. So no worries ! Provided the humidity is low enough and plenty of air movement and exchange
Thanks for the answer.
Yeah....the more I grow things in my garden, the more I realize that nature is simple, and we humans make things too complicated.

W8ing4Buds

W8ing4Buds

As he said he uses green house. The problem of drying buds outside is the fluctuations of humidity. You can dry them in 50% or 55% or even 45%.
You will get problem is the humidity is not constant. For drying i use one grow tend with small exast fan and it works percetly.

below frigid

below frigid

When drying buds, I keep reading that they need to be kept in dark.
My question.....does it mean to keep them *ONLY* out of UV sunlight? Since it's the UV light that degrades THC? Or do they also must be in darkness?
I'm questioning whether even the ambient lights degrade THC, and not just the direct sunlight?(I suspect they won't).
I mean....didn't they use to dry buds outdoors naturally long time ago, in shade outdoors?
I live in an area where humidity and temperature are ideal for drying outdoors.
If anyone has experience drying outdoors, I would appreciate some insights.

Dry and warm here. I hang full branches in a shady spot. Before it gets Too dry I take down and bag in large contractor grade trash bags to slow things down. Opening bags daily to breathe. Trash bags are not air tight need to transfer into Turkey bags when 62% to continue to cure.

Top Bottom