Drying entire plant vs drying branch by branch?

• Thread starter Cannagar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannagar

Cannagar

I’m going to be harvesting again here in about 2 weeks and I was wondering what the thoughts were on the 2 most popular methods of drying.

In the past I have tried drying in drying racks as well as hanging each branch individually. I found much better results by hanging the branches.

But I’ve been reading through some info on the forums here about how it’s best to dry the plant as a whole? I have concerns about doing it this way because my plant is fairly large and because of how it was LSTd I don’t want the buds to crush into each other and deform themselves while hanging (yes I know I’m vain).

Any advice?

Cannagar

Cannagar

Pretty sure it was @Shaded_One that mentioned how he likes to dry the plants as a whole.

quirk

quirk

I dried this auto BlueBerry Domina in the fabric bag for 18days with the same results I get from hanging colas.
This works for me.

Day One of dry
Day 7
Day 15
Harvest Day 18
Cypress66

Cypress66

I’m going to be harvesting again here in about 2 weeks and I was wondering what the thoughts were on the 2 most popular methods of drying.

In the past I have tried drying in drying racks as well as hanging each branch individually. I found much better results by hanging the branches.

But I’ve been reading through some info on the forums here about how it’s best to dry the plant as a whole? I have concerns about doing it this way because my plant is fairly large and because of how it was LSTd I don’t want the buds to crush into each other and deform themselves while hanging (yes I know I’m vain).

Any advice?
Done it both ways and it's just that I have a problem with the trim I need to get the plants wet trimmed it's just a bit of a hard one for a plant that needs a lot of work and a lot do in my experience and I like it rather than a lot of work when it is dry it's a headache when it is leafy in the past with a dry plant which hasn't been trimmed i don't bother trying to cos you end up losing a lot of the good stuff that has been my experience that said if you have a good amount of room to be getting into the bud and you have a good space to work in I think it will be a bit less of a chore but I don't think you will be saving any major time the plants I have done whole I found took a little bit more to dry than the trimmed branches separated maybe the airflow isn't as good don't know.. It's a bit of the gardening that I absolutely hate and I'm just using a little lazy boy electric trimmer and it's a bit of a time saver but it only takes off the really prominent bits that is as close as I want it to be going anyway lol I was a bit worried about using it to be honest but it is quite good your bud could have a bit of a final manicure but I don't bother I'm happy with the result but I don't think the really little sugar leaves matter it's only for me to use it is a bit different from a commercial perspective but it's just a laborious c***of a job.. Tedious is an excellent way of putting it after it is trimmed by the lazy boy I have to separate the stems it will be in the drying net which is a recent thing for the drying and it's spot on for me but I still hate getting the plants trimmed depending on the plants sometimes they have hardly any trim etc peace ✌️🧙‍♀️

shaganja

shaganja

I trim , and at my job, growers gave us shorter branches in our totes. We asked why, and they told us they dry fast with short stalks. I asked my brother, who has schooling, and he said even tho we chop it, it still lives and water can still move within the stalks. But I'm having issue with this procedure. A flower is dry, when the branch it sits on, snaps and breaks. However, the main the flower branch sits on will not break. It still has water. If the water keeps moving, wouldn't the flower not be dry until the main stalk also snaps?

Top Bottom