Drying In 20% Rh

• Thread starter Hands On
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmer P

Farmer P

I live in a very low humidity area so I built a box from wood. I have an extraction fan at one end and inlet holes on the other end. The humidity in the weed is enough to keep the air humid, no need for a humidifier. I actually bought a little de-humidifier to put in there because my fan is small and I've had the humidity get too high in there. It could be 20% outside the box and 80 inside lol. (never let it get above 70 if you can avoid it) On a side note if your weed is good enough you can dry it fast and it will still be bomb, just don't over dry it. Some people I know just do 3 days hanging then into a jar.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I use them in these test rooms. They pump out a gallon an hour.
View attachment 843246

Yeah, but this is a dude looking for at home options for a small personal grow.

Colorado is pretty dry and i have struggled to find a good solution. Under normal conditions it goes bone dry in 4 days or so after chop. I have found the cold temps can be your friend and extends that drying window to a week or more. I have tried sealing up an area and putting wet towels/buckets of water in there to not work great. So far my best method is to get a good fade and flush early, then chop and trim fans, two days later i do a rough trim. Buds may be crispy at this point but stems will still have a lot of moisture. Then jar and burp for an extended time. Make sure to hang plants whole. If i go past where i want i will stick a few large pieces from the main stem into the jar. Another thing that worked well was to hang it whole and then i would seal the whole thing in a garbage bag or dry cleaning bag if a big plant for a couple of hours. It helped pull moisture out of the main stems and into the buds and got me a few extra days of dry time. Jarring a bit more wet than ideal was the big one though.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
When I use my newspaper sheets to slow down drying, I forgot to add that I keep them on a cement floor, which is typically cooler than wooden or other flooring. The difference of a few degrees can make a huge difference in the RH of whatever is being dried. Refrigerators can also be handy as they can keep things cool without too much dryness or high humidity...and the air circulation can help with mold. Basically, the best dry is as slow as possible without having it too damp for mold. This allows the cellular functions to last as long as possible and gets rid of excess chlorophyll and nutrients. At least for my purposes and setup, which is usually pretty small.

DesertRain

DesertRain

I love the ideas in this thread, I use cardboard boxes with string for the cola's and just paper bags for the lower stuff in a 20 to 35% rh environment. Mostly dry for 9 to 13 days.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I love the ideas in this thread, I use cardboard boxes with string for the cola's and just paper bags for the lower stuff in a 20 to 35% rh environment. Mostly dry for 9 to 13 days.
I agree with paper bags...they hold the rh perfect when its low rh outside of the bag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom