drying in the dark at 90 degrees 50 -60 rh ?

• Thread starter tipper619sd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tipper619sd

Is it ok if i dry it at 90 degrees being that my garage doesnt get any cooler during the day. My humidity is from 55 to 60 during the day and around 48 to 55 during the night. I have three fans going in my room so there wont be no missed air flow. Is this ok for the plants or am i hurting them? Thanks for all responses and for the help.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Ur buds r gunna dry way 2 fast & ur gunna loose the flavor & have crispy buds that turn in2 dust when u breaks up the nugs.. It's way better 2 slowly dry them at 70-75 that's how I do it & they come out mega dank..

T

tipper619sd

oh ok. duely noted, the reason i ask is because my room is in my garage and it tends to be hot in my neck of the woods lately ( mostly desert ) and my garage get to about 90 degrees on an average day with my light on im hoping with it off it will come down to about 80 degrees but then again from my research it will still be way to hot and is my humidity ok at least. Thanks for the quick responses didnt even see you guys responded was deep in reading all these post on this issue. Would you have an alternative methd or way of drying in my conditions since i cannot change nor help my temps

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Drying is always the tricky part 4 me.. I live in Fresno & it's like the Damn desert over here also.. If u can ur gunna need 2 bring them inside maybe a nice kool closet with ur AC blasting in that room.. I no it's gunna stink but it should only stink 4 about a week.. Drying is a important part don't mess up all ur hard work.. Maybe somebody els has better ideas 4 u..

T

tipper619sd

well i got a hold of a friend and he will let me use his portable ac unit so hopefully i can keep the room temp around 75 degrees in there and go from there i am guessing. But if i cant then i am effed and guess all my work will pay off to nothing ...damn.

S

sfzoo

doubt a portable is goin to keep your garage at 75.

i'd suggest bringing it in the house. that heat is doing you no favors.

additionally, you can build a dry box and feed the portable a/c into that thing. problem solved.

T

tipper619sd

well i have a room in my garage its just built outta plywood but it does the job i am gonna check it before i cut them down in the next 7 to 10 day. Checked the trichs and id say 20 % milky on all of them so im guessing around 7 to 10 days. But will run a test run in the room and see if it can cool it down from 88 to around 79 or so with the light on and then i can see how to factor in the temp with light off and see if i can just dry in my room in garage or just build a box and like u said feed the portable in it. Also he said it was 17,000 btu or something like that and has a built in dehumidifier.

hiboy

hiboy

Plastic off a small room if your desperate like a tent, get your rh to 50-60 slowly decreasing over the days. Stick a portable in your "tent", that will slow the drying down.
h

T

tipper619sd

thanks for the advice im going to look if the room works if not then im gonna build a box or do as u say thanks bro.

T

tipper619sd

ok well i am 3 days into drying and i have put a portable ac in my room it brought my temps down to roughly 77 degrees and humidity is at 46 i am hoping that this helps i havent seen any mold or any problems yet so cross my fingers just now starting to trim leaves off and boy is it tedious ! Wish i had a trimmer or something took me almost 1 hour and a half for 2 tops.Please leave your feedback all is welcomed thanks for all our help thc famer and everyone who helped me get this crop done. Peace , love , and happy growing.

Top Bottom