drying males in a room next to females(please read)

• Thread starter wtjames
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

doBpop

= more info - spelling

I think it's genetics. Your unculled males would not cause your females to herm. Unless it is stress.
We've culled all the males - there are none "unculled".

Will a boatload of roots all out the bottom of the 6"x6" square pots cause enough stress for this?
Based on that ^^ and your photos, it doesn't look like any obvious stress. If you have plants that have shown female and are throwing just a couple sacs at the nodes, i would pluck the sacs but keep a very keen eye on that plant for the next couple days/weeks. Any signs of nanners or sacs continuing then I would cull it.
This is the second one found with busted balls in two days. Arrggghhhhh .....

This may be a crazy question but there is no other way to interprete what I found (in the pics) other than busted balls right? (opened male pollen sacs)
EDIT: I just answered my own question when I 'plucked' it and saw the pollen. It's busted balls!

How am I missing them for so long that they bust?

To answer your other question, this is not normal.
I was afraid of that.

Thanks to you and everyone for the help!

EDIT: OK decided to pluck the sacs off, sprayed good with water (and ALL plants) and put back in and watch it as advised. So if it presents again then trash it right?​

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Hermie plants are a pain in the butt. Period. You'll have to decide if it's worth finishing. They will usually continue to throw male flowers throughout the bloom. I have a cut that likes to drop a few nanners (male flowers look like tiny bananas before they open), but the finished product is totally worth the extra vigilance. Even then, I always end up with a bean or ten off a plant. You might want to try THCbay for your next seed purchase. The breeders represented there are established and ethical. Logic puts up with no nonsense.
By the way, welcome to the Farm, Pop! :)

D

doBpop

Hi everyone! (and thanks)

This thread has evolved into "Covered up with hermaphrodites".

Thanks for all the help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom