Drying plants and bud rot

• Thread starter moguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mrb53

Mrb53

Hitachi HEPA air filter cleaned every week with A/C and still got mold on 1 really dense bud
Now I use nano micelle solution (from Frankster) to prevent / cure mold, even in flower. Nice to have an Organic that can be used on flower and doesn't have to get washed off...leaves the thc untouched, actually cleanses it...and as a side effect, kills off non beneficial insects

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yeah you gotta top more and open up those giant donkey dick colas into smaller more manageable ones. Its all airflow issues I used to get it really bad on my outdoor grows before I started topping more aggressively. When you do outdoor you get just a few caterpillars and it compounds the bud rot issue 10 fold its even worse. I understand why people like the giant buds they have better bag appeal people like big nugs but honestly I think that the topped medium sized flowers actually are a bit more potent. When I look at them under the jewelers loop I swear it seems sometimes that crystal on the medium nugs can be greater than on the giant ones. Maybe some of that is strain specific not too sure. Call me crazy but thats an observation I have made.
Giant cola's really are a problem. that's why if you notice, many of the advanced growers and breeders tend to try and approach things to mitigate that issue to one extent or another. I do lots and lots of training to try and overcome the issue. Once you get a little mold on a plant, I don't care if the rest is clean, it's somewhat marked. The ideal conditions were there from the beginning, and the whole plant was exposed to some degree or another, it's just the infection started in one area. In most cases, the entire plants taste is going to be impacted to some degree.

Mitigating that becomes especially important at that time. I cut out anything/everything and simply throw it away, if your inside, isolate it to a bag, then clean up and serialize any/all equipment. Don't attempt to salvage neighboring buds on the cola if there's any bad on the bud site, toss it. Then clip them down the cola and you might have a few that were unaffected. Store them separate from the rest of the plant. If I see something like this, I cut it immediately, sterilize again, then go over the entire plant one step at a time, sometimes teasing back the buds to look behind them, but be careful, and don't touch the flower. Grab it low at where it meets the stem and twist it out, it will allow better overall air flow. Clean out any excessive leaf growth.

The solution I make is a great preventative, and it's great for outdoor use, because it not only guards against mold, but helps improve vigor, heat stress, cold stress, mites... It's a comprehensive solution, and it's clean, and leaves virtually zero residue. The improved formula actually enhances taste to some degree, I think.

The way I look at it is that in a perfect world, you wouldn't need anything... Especially if you've got 100% environmental control over your plants, ventilation, RH, Heat, pathogen controls.... But for the rest of us living in a less than perfect world, this solution really does a excellent job.

I've been spraying these plants virtually daily for the first two weeks of flowering.
Note the "cat hair" in the last photo at 12 o Clock... The solution does not remove cat hairs... lol

20210802 033321 714
20210802 033231 876
20210802 033113 833
widwestgreenscapes

widwestgreenscapes

Giant cola's really are a problem. that's why if you notice, many of the advanced growers and breeders tend to try and approach things to mitigate that issue to one extent or another. I do lots and lots of training to try and overcome the issue. Once you get a little mold on a plant, I don't care if the rest is clean, it's somewhat marked. The ideal conditions were there from the beginning, and the whole plant was exposed to some degree or another, it's just the infection started in one area. In most cases, the entire plants taste is going to be impacted to some degree.

Mitigating that becomes especially important at that time. I cut out anything/everything and simply throw it away, if your inside, isolate it to a bag, then clean up and serialize any/all equipment. Don't attempt to salvage neighboring buds on the cola if there's any bad on the bud site, toss it. Then clip them down the cola and you might have a few that were unaffected. Store them separate from the rest of the plant. If I see something like this, I cut it immediately, sterilize again, then go over the entire plant one step at a time, sometimes teasing back the buds to look behind them, but be careful, and don't touch the flower. Grab it low at where it meets the stem and twist it out, it will allow better overall air flow. Clean out any excessive leaf growth.

The solution I make is a great preventative, and it's great for outdoor use, because it not only guards against mold, but helps improve vigor, heat stress, cold stress, mites... It's a comprehensive solution, and it's clean, and leaves virtually zero residue. The improved formula actually enhances taste to some degree, I think.

The way I look at it is that in a perfect world, you wouldn't need anything... Especially if you've got 100% environmental control over your plants, ventilation, RH, Heat, pathogen controls.... But for the rest of us living in a less than perfect world, this solution really does a excellent job.

I've been spraying these plants virtually daily for the first two weeks of flowering.
Note the "cat hair" in the last photo at 12 o Clock... The solution does not remove cat hairs... lol
Can you link this solution you make please?

Latest posts

Top Bottom