Drying plants in my 4x4 tent

• Thread starter Dtraderbudz23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dtraderbudz23

I am about 5 weeks from harvest on my first grow. Never dried or cured before. I plan to hang them up in the 4x4 tent they're growing in. I know the standard for temp and humidity is 60 degrees 60 humidity. I have ac infinity duct fan and a humidifer. However I am realizing the delimma of either running the duct fan when temp gets above 64 degrees. Which will suck out the humidity and cause just a rolling effect of fluctuations between temp and humidity. I looked at just getting a portable air conditioner but those are 150$ dollars plus and I'd rather not spend anymore money on this venture. Any tips here?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i dry in a 4x4 tent and i have a 6 inch ac infinity fan and filter in it when i dry i have the exhaust fan on 1 and a small 6 inch table fan on the floor pointed down . you dont want any wind at all blowing on your plants , as far as temp you gonna need a ac no matter what

growsince79

growsince79

I am about 5 weeks from harvest on my first grow. Never dried or cured before. I plan to hang them up in the 4x4 tent they're growing in. I know the standard for temp and humidity is 60 degrees 60 humidity. I have ac infinity duct fan and a humidifer. However I am realizing the delimma of either running the duct fan when temp gets above 64 degrees. Which will suck out the humidity and cause just a rolling effect of fluctuations between temp and humidity. I looked at just getting a portable air conditioner but those are 150$ dollars plus and I'd rather not spend anymore money on this venture. Any tips here?
I'm drying 75f @50% right now. Can't always have perfect in my world; the buds will be fine.

D

Dtraderbudz23

I'm drying 75f @50% right now. Can't always have perfect in my world; the buds will be fine.
Yeah I was leaning more on the side of the correct humidity and screw the temp. My basement stays around 70 F all day long so I'll just use my humidifer around 60 then and not worry about the temp not being 60 as well.

D

Dtraderbudz23

Also, is there any reason I wouldn't want to use my duct fan to suck out air when the humidity gets above 62%?

Madbud

Madbud

Above 65% humidity can create mold. Do you have a scale? Cut a nice chunky bud and weigh it every day til it stops losing weight. 40 gram fresh cut will dry to around 15 grams before its ready to jar, just watch the weight, when it stops losing weight the rest are done too. Slow, 60/60, is arguably considered optimal, but not required.

Ponky

Ponky

If I'm drying in a tent on top of screens and the humidity is too low I like to pile the weed close together and toss a bag on top of the weed. Move the dry branches from the outside to the center of the bundle. Kind of rotate the pile once a day. Slows down the drying a bit. When it feels crisp on the outside I bag and sweat it. Airing it out once a day until it's ready. As long as it dries slowly for at least 5 or 6 days you're ok for curing.

Top Bottom