DRYING TEMPS ?

• Thread starter ZONER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

lots of different answers for sure but terpenes evaporate at different temperatures, so anyone drying over 60 F is guaranteed to be evaporating them away. 60 F should be your starting point and work down if needed RH should 55-60%.

esther917

esther917

lots of different answers for sure but terpenes evaporate at different temperatures, so anyone drying over 60 F is guaranteed to be evaporating them away. 60 F should be your starting point and work down if needed RH should 55-60%.

It's my understanding that terps don't begin to evaporate until you get to about 70 degrees.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

It's my understanding that terps don't begin to evaporate until you get to about 70 degrees.
Yup your right most will say around 70 some will say 60-70 , I was just reading a paper on this this the other night, and it said 60-70 but the cooler end the better, But this is why I say 60, our science guys back in the day explained it to us like this, 65 to 70 is the razors edge where your in the range of evaporation, if it a product that you don't care if there is a little no worries, but there is no room for error. at 60 your not in the range of evaporation and you have few degree buffer, at 60 there is no harm and at that temp you should be able to produce the best quality product. So to each there own , but yeah when I said people was evaporation over 60 I was thinking the guys that were saying 70 ish plus I did say 55-60 RH but I have been reading some newer papers pushing that down to 50.

Last edited:
flowerdave

flowerdave

this is the best i can do with what i got. Do you think this will work?
Drying temp hum

Latest posts

Top Bottom