Drying up and Shriveling flowers Help?

• Thread starter arcatagreenhouse
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
arcatagreenhouse

arcatagreenhouse

Hello THCFarmer community,

I am growing 7 different strains outdoors in Northern California. Almost every plant is looking good and green except one of my strains, Raspberry Parfait, is having an issue with the very top flowers/buds drying up and browning.

Info:
- Container: 20 Gallon Fabric Pot
- Soil: Royal Gold Kings Mix
- Watering: 2-3 gallons around every 5 days
- Nutes: Alternate between compost tea + water, plain ph'd water, and a very small amount of flowering specific nutrients + water
- Water PH: between 6.2-6.6
- Day 22 of flower (outdoor light dep)

The one thing that I believe might be the cause is that I topped the plant about 6 weeks ago and have been doing LST with a trellis to expand the two main stems, but as I was doing this I didn't notice that the LST was causing the main stem to start to split. Found that out about 10-14 days ago and quickly wrapped the poor stem in some plant wire to hold it together. But the flowers were not drying up (or really showing) when I first found the split. The only flowers that seem to be affected by this drying/shrivelling are the top most buds and only some of the lower buds. Photos included below. Please let me know if you have experienced this before or know how to remedy this!!

Thanks so much :)

Drying up and shriveling flowers help
Drying up and shriveling flowers help 2
Drying up and shriveling flowers help 3
Drying up and shriveling flowers help 4
Drying up and shriveling flowers help 6
Drying up and shriveling flowers help 7

Drying up and shriveling flowers help 5
SparcOne

SparcOne

I like to use mini zip ties when this occasionally happens but if it was hours or more since you noticed it had split good chance the whole branch is done but I'd cut off what is dried or drying and leave the rest, you could get lucky

arcatagreenhouse

arcatagreenhouse

I like to use mini zip ties when this occasionally happens but if it was hours or more since you noticed it had split good chance the whole branch is done but I'd cut off what is dried or drying and leave the rest, you could get lucky
Thank you for the info!

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
I split a stem half way through flower and taped her up when i noticed 1-2 days later. It was a heavy sativa, basically split itself in half from weight. I taped it up with electrical take and she grew fine from then on.

Top Bottom