Dual HPS/MH Bulb

• Thread starter CrazySexyCool
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CrazySexyCool

Hey I am new to this site and was trying to get my hydroponics system set up. Is it okay to have one of those 2 in 1 hps/mh bulb in my veg room?? Or is it better to just stick with the one color??

alivia2000

alivia2000

MH is in the blue spectrum. Veg with this aka start off with this bulb, then when you get ready to flower switch to HPS(red spectrum). If u have one bulb that produces the entire spectrum then its more than ok to grow that and produce good yields. My buddy did one of his entire grows under HPS. And although it took a little while longer for the vegging cycle, he ended up with nice dense buds by days end....

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Hey I am new to this site and was trying to get my hydroponics system set up. Is it okay to have one of those 2 in 1 hps/mh bulb in my veg room?? Or is it better to just stick with the one color??

It's perfectly fine to run a dual-arc bulb the entire life cycle of the plant, when it's time for my HPS bulb to be replced it will be with another dual-arc for sure.

jj

F

FastForward

I've got dual spectrum bulbs and seeing great results from them. In truth I can't tell the diffs between them and the regular spectrums that I was using, but I'm told a bit of blue really helps keep nugs tighter and helps with trichs. I'm using a 600w Sunmaster and a 400w Grolux (separately).

B

bubbak

You will have great results but the cost per bulb must me insane, when you consider places like 1000bulbs sell hps and halides in the $23 dollar per bulb range.

I would personally put that $ towards a lumatek 250 and a lumatek 1000 because they are quiet and more efficient and produce more light --- and then use 250 mh and 1000 hps

R

Reeferman

I am plugging in 12 600 w dual arc mh/hps bulbs this week I have blended MH hps for 15 years so I was very happy to see the dual arc bulbs the bulbs being combined are ideal as they don't have area with more MH and less hps and reverse I have also noticed the blends are well thought out 400 w hps and 200 mh in my bulbs offers the exact blend that I seek .

If these bulbs work out as well as I expect they will be standard with our RM bucket and power tunnel kits being marketed this fall/winter
Reef

DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

great point reeferman about the dual(blue/red)spectrum coverage being consistant!!!dual arc bulbs are the bomb!!!! but i also use uvb(reptile light) in flower and the trich production definitely increases also!!! try the reptile lighting for the last 30 days of flower and i think you will like the investment!!!!! jus my 2 cents!!! peace djxx

DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

hey ripz thanks for the info!! i'll ck out the nurturelites!!! i love new info!!thanks djxx

C

CrazySexyCool

Thank you

Thanks a lot everyone, that really helps!:) What is a good website that can teach you about cultivation??:help: (That might be the wrong name for it, but when your roots are fully in water.) And whats is the better way to grow-flood system or cultivation?? What are the pro's and con's?? Thanks again for your help!:mmm

Latest posts

Top Bottom