Ductless Mini-split Advice

• Thread starter Terpin.daily
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RooR5mm

RooR5mm

Very nice, can u hook that manufacturers head unit to an enviro controller?

P

PharmHand

A lot of mini manufacturers offer an optional control module that has to be wired in then you’re able to run low voltage aftermarket thermostats in stead of standard remote stat

H

heisen

A lot of mini manufacturers offer an optional control module that has to be wired in then you’re able to run low voltage aftermarket thermostats in stead of standard remote stat
Yeah I wouldnt do that cause those aftermarket thermostats have weak technology that creates warm areas or areas that are to cold.they cycle the compressor to often or to less.they give you one point for a wall thermostat and usually by time they kick the compressor off the room is way below the set temp.
The minis use infrared sensors and detect heat out away from the units.the built in thermostat is bad ass and keeps my entire room at the exact temp I set it.
Only a couple of the minis offer a compatible external thermostat,but you would only need it for the programming aspect.i know LG and daikon offer it on theres and I think Mitsubishi does also.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Does anyone know if the dual zone mini splits run at full compacity? I noticed the 36k says 18k +18k, does that mean each indoor unit can only use the 18, or if one unit is in stand by does the other one run at 36? Hope that makes sense.

P

PharmHand

Does anyone know if the dual zone mini splits run at full compacity? I noticed the 36k says 18k +18k, does that mean each indoor unit can only use the 18, or if one unit is in stand by does the other one run at 36? Hope that makes sense.
So the outside unit in that case would be a 36k condenser and the two inside units(air handlers) would be 1.5ton. A friend has a 3ton outside unit with two 2ton handlers. You might think how does that work being 4tons but his rooms are on a flip flop so the condenser directs the majority of it’s cooling capacity to the lit room. You want some cooling in your off room to help cool dehums and prevent night getting too hot

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
So the outside unit in that case would be a 36k condenser and the two inside units(air handlers) would be 1.5ton. A friend has a 3ton outside unit with two 2ton handlers. You might think how does that work being 4tons but his rooms are on a flip flop so the condenser directs the majority of it’s cooling capacity to the lit room. You want some cooling in your off room to help cool dehums and prevent night getting too hot
That’s exactly what I want to know. Thank you. So the 36k is fine just have to get bigger indoor units.

P

PharmHand

That’s exactly what I want to know. Thank you. So the 36k is fine just have to get bigger indoor units.
I know it can be done since that’s how my friend does it but his dad owns an hvac company so it might be tricky I’m not sure. His unit is a daikin, might make a difference. Usually your handlers would only total what your condenser can supply

Freshone

Freshone

Its not tricky at all,You can do 5-2 ton heads with a 36k unit,the caveat is you cant ever surpass the 36k cooling capability of the compressor at any one time.Minis are used to cool rooms instead of a whole house so multiple heads can be hooked to one compressor but its still 36k max cooling.For our uses id say 1 head per compressor is best for many reasons but sometimes multiple compressors may not be an option.

Warrioreuel

Warrioreuel

I call bullshit. 4500W of light, 3 chillers and 24K AC unit is not going to cut it. Pulling the room down to 65 degrees in 10 minutes ain't happening. There is something you are not telling us or you just don't really know what you have.

H

heisen

I call bullshit. 4500W of light, 3 chillers and 24K AC unit is not going to cut it. Pulling the room down to 65 degrees in 10 minutes ain't happening. There is something you are not telling us or you just don't really know what you have.
Lawd where did this clown come from,someone left the back door open to grass city,

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Mr cool.ordered the 24k from ingrims and had my 420 ac friendly guy pull the vacuum and charge the lines shir took 4 hrs to install
How much did the 420 friendly guy charge you? And did he do the wiring?

H

heisen

How much did the 420 friendly guy charge you? And did he do the wiring?
Im his tattoo artist so i gave him some work in exchange and a couple cuts.I did all the wiring and install.All he did was cut the tubes,flared the copper,pulled vaccum and set the freon.This room has r13 in the walls,r30 and blown insulation in the ceiling and 2 inch foam on the outside walls.I should know what i have lol i built it all.No windows and an exterior door that seals the inside.That mini will drop that room down to ice in minutes no sweat whatsoever.

G gnome

G gnome

Im his tattoo artist so i gave him some work in exchange and a couple cuts.I did all the wiring and install.All he did was cut the tubes,flared the copper,pulled vaccum and set the freon.This room has r13 in the walls,r30 and blown insulation in the ceiling and 2 inch foam on the outside walls.I should know what i have lol i built it all.No windows and an exterior door that seals the inside.That mini will drop that room down to ice in minutes no sweat whatsoever.
I dont doubt it. Im runnin a 24kbtu ac w 6kw of gavitas and a co2 burner and just like u sed i can drop temp to the low 60's no prob. Even on a hot day

Warrioreuel

Warrioreuel

Where did this idiot come from,
"Lawd where did this clown come from,someone left the back door open to grass city"

Typical indoor setup with 12 nice bushy plants in a 10x20 room, 12 foot ceilings.
CLW 550, 12*1,280BTU = 15,360 BTUs
Quest Dual 155 Dehumidifier, 8-9000 BTU per tech support
These two items alone are 24,000 BTUs. Add in fans, water pumps etc. and like I said, no way a 24,000 BTU AC is pulling the room down to low 60s. Do the math.

Latest posts

Top Bottom