DUI for MMJ?!?

• Thread starter iscrog4food
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I recently saw a news broadcast that mentioned that you can be written a DUI in Colorado if you have over 5 micrograms of THC in your blood and you are driving. Does anyone know what it takes to have a level of 5 micrograms? I dont but I have a feeling that even though i just woke up and haven't smoked for the day i would still have 5 micrograms. Does anyone know anything more about this? And further, does LEO have the right to take my blood against my consent?:confused0054:

420Gator

420Gator

i know a guy who got a dui just cuz the cop said he was high. it was just a ticket he didnt get arrested. not sure about colorodo or the blood thing but i also would bet im permanently over the limit

R

RMCG

There is no 'against your consent' in this case.

When you get a drivers license, the form you sign waives your rights. It is called 'Implied Consent'. Unfortunately, we still consider driving a 'privilege' not a 'right' and you must give up your right to refuse sobriety checks if you choose to get a drivers license.

The very act of driving on the road 'grants' them your consent to a search, blood and/or breath.

If asked if you have ingested MMJ in CO and you choose to answer, state that it was MORE than 8 hours ago. It appears that is their ~cut off line~ for DUA/I.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I guess now that I have looked into it I realized that it is a proposed law at this point. And it is 5 nanograms per mililitre of blood. I just think this shit is soo rediculous. I mean what is the limit for oxcontin? It is fucking synthetic Herione and there is no regulation on it because the drug lobby is soo powerful. I guess it is true that common sense is not all that common after all I mean it is a plant!! ARRGHh its sooo hard to argue with ignorance!

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Iscrog4food, I'll put this in the FAQ sticky if it becomes more than a proposal.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Here in MI if u get tested and have even .00001% of THC in your urine and u were driving, thats an OUI.

B

boroboro

Yeah, Colorado isn't alone -- Michigan has a zero-tolerance policy for THC. A Mich. Supreme Court case this past summer threw out the former policy of also testing (piss-test? not sure..) for a metabolite of THC, 11-carboxy-THC. They used to bust you for having 11-carboxy-THC, but now they have to do a blood test to get the real THC number.

From reading up on this new Michigan situation I have the impression that it might take 12-24 hours after smoking to get below the minimum reliable lab results indicating positive for THC.

Lesson learned: make sure my car doesn't smell and my eyes aren't red.

Latest posts

Top Bottom