Dumb A/C question

• Thread starter JayBee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Ok, basically my question is: Does the A/C bring fresh air into a room?

My situation: I live in the tropics, so it varies from hot to very hot year round. This means I need to run A/C most of the time. I am growing in a tent in a spare bedroom that is pretty hot and stuffy. If I open the windows while running the A/C I will ruin the a/c. If A/c brings in fresh air should be not problem but I am worried it just recycles the same air and I do not have access to CO2 tanks.

Thanks!

JB

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
No such thing as a "Dumb Question" JayBee, it's just a question you don't know the answer to. Your correct, running an A/C just recirculates the air in the room and cools it by pulling it across coils of pressurized gas.

dj.scotfree

dj.scotfree

Way 2 Rep M.U.R.D.A. JJ!!! "No Dumb Question"!!!!!!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jadins_journey again."

NwolkZark

NwolkZark

If its a window unit, most have a lever/switch on the front, one is the vented position, the other is a recirculating position. When it gets to hot out it really works the compressor trying to cool the hot ass air from outside, so thats why theres the recirculating position, to reuse the same air its already cooled. Either way "some" fresh air is getting mixed in, but the vented position offers much more then the recirculating position. Not positive if its a whole house unit.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
It is one of these two part types with the big compressor outside and connected to the unit that is in the room. Is not a window unit. If I do not have CO2 and the room is not getting a lot of fresh air am i going to have problems?

NwolkZark

NwolkZark

We had one in a different house and it seemed to be a failry enclosed system. I did a little bit of googleing and it seems you could have either one. From what I gather if you just have some pipes going to your unit outside then its probly an enclosed system and isn't offering you any fresh air. However some units have or can have added a fresh air intake
www.achrnews.com/Articles/Products/BNP_GUID_9-5-2006_A_10000000000000174634
it seems mount outside the house and run to the unit inside, and act as a passive intake of sorts to pull fresh air into the house. There might be different units too, i'm just randomly lookin at stuff, so take it for what its worth. heh

-- as for will you have problems, unless your running some massive operation I doubt it. My main concern would be the temperature, but I guess that depends how professional you get. heah mid 70-80s area is nice, you can get away with 90s sometimes but its probly not best, if its hotter then that with all your lights on then you better cool that room/area down somehow. Little fan inside your tent to circulate air, pc fan or whatever you have room for won't hurt.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Thanks for the info NwolkZark- I will definitely need to keep a/c running in order to keep temps down. I am also concerned about humidity, really hoping i do not need to buy a dehumdifier, hopefully a/c will be enough to handle it, but between lights and a/c running all time is going to seriously affect the electric bill...

I am pretty sure there is no passive intake on my system but will be small grow, just 6-8 plants so hopefully will be ok...

JB

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
what coils? where are they and how do i clean them? I live in constant fear of a/c in the room breaking. I give it two hours of rest a day (first two hours after lights out i turn off a/c for two hours to give it a break)...

S

Silica

You could brew beer to produce CO2.

Its easy, im sure you can buy yeast in your country, just buy a 25- 50 litre plastic tub with a screw on lid.
1 litre of suger every two weeks, 1 packet of yeast every two weeks.
Produces enough CO2 for a decent sized setup, if its really big you could use more tubs.

Make sure you clean out the tubs after each use.

If you want to drink the beer you need to take more care of it and add some other things though but its easy to make and if you dont like beer just throw it out.

Although brewing beer is probably illegal in some countrys.

S

Silica

Oh forgot to add you just have a tube going from the lid into your grow room, and order one of those line filters over ebay.

Top Bottom