Dumb idea for fall or?

• Thread starter Kopper1013
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kopper1013

Well my wife said I couldn’t fill our patio with my plants🤣 so I opted to move them out back, worried about deer I put up a fence, then I remembered a tent I had found on the side of the road so I erected the skeleton around the fence. Thought is come our wet damp fall days when hopefully I’ll be in heavy budding I’ll wrap the structure in construction poly. Leave a foot up from grass open a gap at the top and a fan in hopes to keep air circulating….thoughts??
Dumb idea for fall or
Dumb idea for fall or 2

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Keep the wife and grow some killer weed. Tent idea is really good. I’ve used a 6 mil thick clear polyethylene for rain protection in mid-late flower and would roll it back after rains. You might want to leave 2-3 ft open at bottom to increase airflow during critical flowering stage. Keep us posted on your grow. Looks good.

K

Kopper1013

lol thanks y’all I think I’ll keep her hahaha she did buy me an AC Infinity 60 x 60 x 80 tent for Father’s Day cause “you look like your having fun” I’ll see about moving them till flower, that maybe their saftey pen at night time though worried about the deer they’re already after my peaches

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Keep the wife and grow some killer weed. Tent idea is really good. I’ve used a 6 mil thick clear polyethylene for rain protection in mid-late flower and would roll it back after rains. You might want to leave 2-3 ft open at bottom to increase airflow during critical flowering stage. Keep us posted on your grow. Looks good.
How did u go about the plastic?
Pvc, or rose trellis has been on my mind?

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Wonderful compromise - keep all the ladies happy.

Now it looks like you’ll be needing to build that 2-bay “work garage” you’ve always wanted…….

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

How did u go about the plastic?
Pvc, or rose trellis has been on my mind?
However I dnt think he was referring to keeping the water off. More so kritters away.
Super glad you brought that up tho

K

Kopper1013

The fence is to keep the deer at bay currently
For the poly I’ll get a 10’ x 100’ roll, drape the top and clamp to the frame or use pvc clips then I’ll just wrap the sides over lap the seems, attach to the fence and posts then probably buy a construction zipwall dust barrier zipper to get in and out once the wet fall sets in. Again that’s just an idea/plan

“Everyone has a plan till the get punched in the face” 🤣

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

The fence is to keep the deer at bay currently
For the poly I’ll get a 10’ x 100’ roll, drape the top and clamp to the frame or use pvc clips then I’ll just wrap the sides over lap the seems, attach to the fence and posts then probably buy a construction zipwall dust barrier zipper to get in and out once the wet fall sets in. Again that’s just an idea/plan

“Everyone has a plan till the get punched in the face” 🤣
It's a pretty good idea and trying to be preventative is better than fixing

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
The rain is easy. It’s the wind you have to worry about. Good luck.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Regarding wind protection once your plastic is up, invest in a 200 ft Roll of twine. Costs about $2-3. Cut off 15-20 ft lengths and criss-cross the cover tying each end of twine to the opposite tent stakes. Once you have 6-8 cross ties attached and pulled taught, you’re unlikely to have the tarp blown off. But you must be vigilant during any windstorms to check on your secure lines. Good luck.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yeah, you don’t need your neighbor knocking at your door and saying, hey kopper,Do you think you can come over and get your greenhouse out of my pool! Very embarrassing!

K

Kopper1013

Regarding wind protection once your plastic is up, invest in a 200 ft Roll of twine. Costs about $2-3. Cut off 15-20 ft lengths and criss-cross the cover tying each end of twine to the opposite tent stakes. Once you have 6-8 cross ties attached and pulled taught, you’re unlikely to have the tarp blown off. But you must be vigilant during any windstorms to check on your secure lines. Good luck.
Thanks for the tip, definitely wanna keep the neighbors happy lol

Top Bottom