Durban Poison: First time grow Journal

• Thread starter Holographic_spew
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

My OCD has kicked in and I really don't wanna leave you guys hanging. I hope everyone has been well during these times of struggle.

Off memory I think I let the plants go for another 3 weeks. I did run into some trouble drying and curing purely because of laziness and being impatient.
I dried the plants in branches hanging them upside down but I didn't have the aircon on the whole time while drying them and since I live in Aus they dried alot quicker than I anticipated. Yield for each plant was about 500g. If I've missed anything out I'll add it as I remember, I'm also trying to start up another grow, but this time I've gathered a lil more equipment to make the journey easier haha 🤘🏽💚
Better than mine! HA! You know what's funny is after reading up on it and watching your thread, I really wanted to try the DP and I google searched DP and one article I came across claimed New420guy Durban was superior and fairly true cultivar. I purchased some and to my disappointment this is what mine turned out like lol. According to the trichomes I plan on chopping at week 11. I will hunt a better strain down and try again. Fkr hermied on me too b4 I caught it. Way in the back lower branch. Lessons learned!
20201215 051322
20201215 072454

bigslimdawg79

bigslimdawg79

Better than mine! HA! You know what's funny is after reading up on it and watching your thread, I really wanted to try the DP and I google searched DP and one article I came across claimed New420guy Durban was superior and fairly true cultivar. I purchased some and to my disappointment this is what mine turned out like lol. According to the trichomes I plan on chopping at week 11. I will hunt a better strain down and try again. Fkr hermied on me too b4 I caught it. Way in the back lower branch. Lessons learned! View attachment 1067721View attachment 1067722
Strange leaves? regen?

Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

Better than mine! HA! You know what's funny is after reading up on it and watching your thread, I really wanted to try the DP and I google searched DP and one article I came across claimed New420guy Durban was superior and fairly true cultivar. I purchased some and to my disappointment this is what mine turned out like lol. According to the trichomes I plan on chopping at week 11. I will hunt a better strain down and try again. Fkr hermied on me too b4 I caught it. Way in the back lower branch. Lessons learned! View attachment 1067721View attachment 1067722
Honestly I came across your thread last night and I was so surprised, maybe your seed man was unreliable. I was never "deadset" on if they were DP or not as my friend just nicked them over from South Africa but I was willing to give it my best shot.
First and probably most ghetto grow I'll do hahahha but I was pretty careless and they were pretty forgiving, when one turned male I had supicions about the other 2 but all seemed to go pretty well.
For apparently being the same strain though both plants were noticeably different, one was thick and bushy and the other was lanky and slim but I just put it down to how I trained them. Both buds were also I different smoke but I pulled the lanky plant sooner than the bushy one was it was yellowing and dying off but I pulled that on week 10 and pulled the other on week 13 :)

DragonflyCoyoteSmoke

DragonflyCoyoteSmoke

This thread is way dead, and maybe yall have learned in the meantime :) your plants all look like beautiful representations. The lanky internodal growth, foxtailing, wild yields and intersex traits are all common in Narrow Leaflet varietals and for Durban and other true heirloom cultivars (not Dutch Passion, no disrespect, I just mean not hybridized with faster flowering Broad Leaflet types ). If they havent been worked by a breeder to shorten the flowering time, you will absolutely be looking anywhere from 9-18+ weeks of continual flowering and ripening windows. If yall still have the seeds I'd highly encourage yall to give them another go and watch them continue to unfold - they're truely a marvel in the cannabis world and they both look like beautiful examples :) happy growing

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

This thread is way dead, and maybe yall have learned in the meantime :) your plants all look like beautiful representations. The lanky internodal growth, foxtailing, wild yields and intersex traits are all common in Narrow Leaflet varietals and for Durban and other true heirloom cultivars (not Dutch Passion, no disrespect, I just mean not hybridized with faster flowering Broad Leaflet types ). If they havent been worked by a breeder to shorten the flowering time, you will absolutely be looking anywhere from 9-18+ weeks of continual flowering and ripening windows. If yall still have the seeds I'd highly encourage yall to give them another go and watch them continue to unfold - they're truely a marvel in the cannabis world and they both look like beautiful examples :) happy growing
Funny you should say that as I have contemplated growing them again along with some hermie seeds it produced. I have so many seeds to explore that they are on the back burner. Might be a couple years b4 I get to them but I will post it when I do. For sure!

DragonflyCoyoteSmoke

DragonflyCoyoteSmoke

:) happy to hear, if you love a long lasting electric buzz with no crash and no-ceiling, look no further. Few shot of mind above. Mine could be pulled at 7 weeks if you needed smoke and wanted to shoot yourself in the foot lol trichomes are mature enough to feel at that point but if she goes to 11+ weeks much much stronger. Tricky thing is when you talk Durban Poison you are technically talking Dutch Passions offering which should be very short 8-10 week flower - the area of Durban has many many types of cannabis that people would refer to as Durban/Poison and they range depending on where they are from exactly as to how long they will flower and many required a bit more patience. Fortunately the Sputh African strains have a shorter flower than most true sativas. I've run one for 22 weeks flower and it still wasn't done, probably 26 to finsh... wild types of plants with truly unique effects 💚

DragonflyCoyoteSmoke

DragonflyCoyoteSmoke

I'd it was the only plant growing around at the time then you can be sure those hermit seeds are S1 "self" population and should be pretty damn close in some traits to the plant you already ran. Depending on the generation of the seeds they could express varying degrees of phenotype/chemotype. I'd pop some of both!

DragonflyCoyoteSmoke

DragonflyCoyoteSmoke

Also for reference those flowering pics are between days 66 and 70, the harvest being from a previous grow of the same clone under different lighting

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Also for reference those flowering pics are between days 66 and 70, the harvest being from a previous grow of the same clone under different lighting
TBH it takes a special strain to stone me. All the shit I've been growing is great bud but not much different buzz between them it seens lol I am going to redo Citral Glue by Ethos.I grew it my first grow and didn’t smoke at tge time. Everyone loved the C. Glue. I wanna try it.

DragonflyCoyoteSmoke

DragonflyCoyoteSmoke

Lol me too, it's why I grow my own - the market doesn't impress me and the stones are one dimensional 💚 I go for depth and complexity
Happy hunting

Latest posts

Top Bottom