APPEARANCE

(insert photo here where possible)

SMELL

Dominant smell of bud : sweet haziness
Associated smells of bud : exotic fruits, hints of spice and herbs

TASTE

Dominant flavour : sweet haze
Associated flavours : slight funky fruitiness

Harsh/smoothness : (1-10, 1 being extremely harsh and 10 being extremely smooth)
- cough factor? : 7, no cough but tickles a bit

BUZZ

Profile : Percentage of head to body 80 head 20 body
Potency : (1-10, 1 being extremely weak and 10 being extremely potent) 8.5
Duration : (approx length of buzz, from first hit) 2-4 hours
Use : Daytime/Bedtime either or, this would be GREAT for daytime adventures though, just like hikes and outdoorsy type excurisions
Munchies? : yes/no if you overindulge
-----------------------------------------------------

I had condensed the flavours from those images into a flavour and taste list below, but I think it might overcomplicate matters....or rather, Marco's is very thorough and already covers that, so why reinvent the wheel? This is meant to be a quicker version and I figured what better way to describe a taste or flavour than a one liner (e.g. citrus with skunky undertones). Here it is anyway. If you want it in I can put it in, but I think shorter is sweeter atm.

CHEMICAL ASTRINGENT
turpentine ()
metallic ()
ammonia () - urine () - vinegar ()
bleach ()
lotions () - plastics () - glues ()

SWEET
fruity (x) - berry () - black/blue/raspberry () - citrus () - orange () - lemon () - lime () - apple () - mango () - grape () - cherry () - tutti frutti ()

floral () - perfume () - blossom ()
minty () - methol () - spearmint () - peppermint ()

SPICY
woody () - incense () - hardwood () - sage () - juniper () - cedar () - pine ()
basil () - garlic () - dill () - clove () - parsley () - pepper (x)
tobacco () - chocolate ()

MUSKY
earthy () - loam () - dirt () - musty () - dusty () - dry ()
animal () - bird () - rodent () - gamey () - skunky ()
botanical () - hay () - autumn leaves () - trees ()

The buzz on this is unreal. On a visit to Pank, I almost didn't walk away with this stuff, but decided I'd throw a bit more cash down and splurge. It didn't look nearly as frosty or well-formed as the SFV or Ghost OG, nor was it as stinky--I decided to give it a shot anyways. I now hold DP in a much higher esteem. I shared a small joint with someone, and that was definitely too much. We ended up spending what seemed like 3 hours (but was probably closer to 1) on a couch, staring at "the universe," a home light-show that i would guarantee is the best home light show you've ever seen. I kept getting euphoric and tingling sensations/rushes in my body, and felt like my brain was weightless. This is truly something else, regardless of appearance. The taste was good, but nothing too special compared to strains like Chemdog, Platinum Bubba, OG, etc. This stuff has an absolutely incredible buzz though, that I could see being called psychedelic, spiritual, introspective, etc. It can invoke feelings of interconnectedness not unlike that of mushrooms.
As far as legitimacy of this truly being from South Africa, I'm not so sure. I've smoked what seem to be 2 phenotypes of Durban Poison, or maybe they're from 2 different seedbanks--I'm not sure. One seems to be sweeter and hazier, and the other seems to have more of an herbal and anise-like flavor. I've seen the hazier type much more than the anise one, and the highs are comparable, but the anise pheno seems to be a bit calmer and gigglier, and less introspective.
I've only smoked Pank's version one time though, so I'll update when I don't smoke a half a joint of his stuff--one bong hit or 2 pipe hits is definitely enough for me.

Durban poison smoke report
M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
Sweet report man!

Durbin Poison was some of the best smoke i've grown! Or smoked for that matter! I only had one plant that was female from Sam The Skunkman...and they were freebies! Killer! Thank You for showing/telling how she smoked! monkey5

C

COCannabis

Yeah it's definitely a great smoke, and the smell is coming out more in the cure...getting more exotic and spicier

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Great Report

That bud looks pretty damn frosty to me, you have renewed my interests in the poison

mal

Teddy KGB

Teddy KGB

Thanks for that report. I have always thought about growing some Durban Poison , but through the years never got around to it. Your report has convinced me to give it a run in the near future. Sounds like the buzz profile I like.

TortureKill

TortureKill

Great Report and pics man. I have some Pure Durban seeds Ive been saving. I grew two plants 2 years ago outdors and thye were both males. Very Identical plants with absolute durban characteristics. I cant wait to crack the others. Hopefully find a nice girl thsi time :D

S

Steve Z

my sister got those as freebies years ago i wonder if they are the same.... i still have a few of those beans.... wanna try them outdoor.

looks dank man once again killer smoke report

PankFlamingoMon

PankFlamingoMon

Steve grow that gal outside! She just loves it in the sun and will have incredible yields. Another interesting note on the durban is she is resistant to mildew and I haven't experienced it first hand but many tell me pests hate being around durban. She is a short flower for such an amazing Sativa finishing right around the 65-70 Day mark. Happy Gardening I'm off to hand water all the pretty girls this morning:)

Pank Mon

C

COCannabis

Glad this was informative and enjoyable for most of you...

I tried this as a wake n bake this morning, and only took 2 pipe hits this time around, compared to a whole joint. The high was very similar, only every respect (euphoria, thoughtfulness, changed perspective, etc.) was less intense. Nice for a wake n bake, gets you energetic and fairly clear-headed, while still making sure you're high. Getting spicier every time I check it out!

winta

winta

wow that sounds awesome! my pops (r.i.p) and my uncle used to rant and rave about durban poison i see why!

Ras Sativa

Ras Sativa

Company ?

Which company would believe to have the best strain of Durban Posion? :passingjoint

D

dedust

I tried durban poison once and it was bomb. I keep reading that it's fruity smelling but the one I tried had a distinct fuel smell to it. Almost like og/diesel. Anyone else have this experience?

C

COCannabis

Ras, I'm not sure who would have the best DP. I've heard mixed reviews about Dutch Passion's version, and only bad things about Sensi Seeds version...I think you're best to get a clone of this one...Pank might know where his DP genes came from.

Edit: In all the different DP I've tried (4 different batches, 4 different growers), I've never had a fuel scent. Honestly, probably nothing even remotely resembling fuel. I've had licoricey, herbal, sweet, fruity, and hazey durban, but never fuely, especially not reminiscent of Diesel or OG.

D

dedust

Ras, I'm not sure who would have the best DP. I've heard mixed reviews about Dutch Passion's version, and only bad things about Sensi Seeds version...I think you're best to get a clone of this one...Pank might know where his DP genes came from.

Edit: In all the different DP I've tried (4 different batches, 4 different growers), I've never had a fuel scent. Honestly, probably nothing even remotely resembling fuel. I've had licoricey, herbal, sweet, fruity, and hazey durban, but never fuely, especially not reminiscent of Diesel or OG.

Yeah, that's what I keep reading. I guess they mislabeled or something....

PankFlamingoMon

PankFlamingoMon

Durban finds me wherever I go. Something about people wanting me to grow this plant no matter how much I try not to. I've stopped growing Durban multiple times to be handed cuts of it and asked to grow it again. The never ending african love Sativa ahaha. I think i'll keep her in the momma room for now.

Ras are you in colorado? California? Best to grab the clone only cut of this one.

Pank

2ezy

I luv the aniseed taste. It's the one distinct attribute that makes it ezy to identify imo. Doesn't have much smell tho, i think more coffee like. Great report the description of the high is spot on. Been growing it for years outdoors with my thai ladies.:)

C

COCannabis

The longer this one cures, the more anise-like it becomes in the taste--although it's still subtle, and the smell is very strong--still a spicey, hazey, exotic, sweet fruitiness that's just awesome. the high is what makes this one so special though. some outdoor thai sounds bomb!

G

grenbone

Durban Poison was one of the better smokes I used to get back in the mid 90s. The cut was very potent and did great outdoors. The smell and flavor was very strong and reminded me of spices. A bone rolled with MSS and Durban Poison mixed together was the cat's pajamas! I miss it very much.

K

Kid Calyx

My 67 year old Grandmother who is dieing of lymph node and stomach cancer, smokes to relieve her nausea, pain, shakes, and lack of appetite from the chemo and her medications. I love taking my grannie to dispensaries. She always bitches about how it stinks so bad when we go to get her some meds from her care taker. Grannie's care taker has thee craziest Durban Poison plant ever. Its a mutant of some sort. Crazy knock you on your ass shit. Straight from Durban, Africa its self!!! Now I smoke wax and loads of hash n bud all day. (I have MS) I have been smoking since I was a small child. I puff tough. The only people I know that smoke as much as me are pot critics. And this bud needs NO hash or oils! The first time I smoked it, I took two hits and woke up next to my pipe. (almost benzo-opiate like high) Straight knock you on your ass! Which is strange for a Sativa. So back to the mutant aspect. I have grown Durban looking for an ultimate pheno like the care takers prized beauty. (who refuses to sell any cuttings at ANY price) Never even came close. Grannies Durban tastes like that Mountain Dew AMP or like candy/gummy worms. Mine always taste and smell like train wreck kinda does. Not only does it not taste like traditional Durban. It grows all its nodes in threes. Like every node was FIM'd. Its the craziest plant I have ever seen. So now I have grown Durban from seeds, clones, and multiple breeders. They all have they same calyx structure as my grannies Durban. So it has to be Durban. Just a mutant of some sort. Oh shit, did I mention that Grannies Care Taker is a nice fellow from Cape Town?

Latest posts

Top Bottom