DURBAN POISON

• Thread starter onisdad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
onisdad

onisdad

Here are some photos of the durban poison clone we got on 3.2.12. She was a bit stunted at first but she came back nicely!:oops:
Durban poison

Durban poison 2
Durban poison 3

greystache

greystache

Looking good buddy! I grew this strain outdoor 2 summers ago, and I didn't take a cutting off of it... I have been kicking myself ever since! The smoke is off the chain, and it grows like a champion! Watch out indoors though, this thing will get as tall as you let it! Enjoy!

onisdad

onisdad

Here is the latest update on this little girl of mine. She is a little shorter than the Chem Dawg and Fire OG she is surrounded by, and you can sort of see the difference in her leaves compaired to the Chemdog D and FOG...
IMAG1675

still she is doing great!:D Durban has been my favorite strain since first finding it at the local clubs about 3 years ago. This will be the first time trying to grow it!;)

rural hick

rural hick

cool man.. yet still cool but can i ask why.. why is your fan leaves all fat like that cause i have the same looks in mine. i thought db was mostly staiva??? whan do the long skinny fans come. or am i too hot feeding?

Different

Different

Looking forward to some flower shots! Definitely an underrated strain in recent times :cool:

onisdad

onisdad

cool man.. yet still cool but can i ask why.. why is your fan leaves all fat like that cause i have the same looks in mine. i thought db was mostly staiva??? whan do the long skinny fans come. or am i too hot feeding?

I think they look so fat in the photo because of no frame of reference. When I am looking at her sitting next to the FOG you can see how thin the leaves seem in comparison. A friend od farmer who saw her last night, before even being told what she was, spotted that she was the only sativa in the house(and out in our backyard). Check out my grow log(link in my signature) for some other pictures and I will also try and get a real good comparison shot with an indy leaf next to her. As for yours, and not that I am any sort of expert but here at our house grow we have been way cold feeding. Whatever the nute bottle says to use, our mix here is way dilluted. Feel free to post some pictures, Id love to see your girl! And even if i can't help any more someone that follows here will probably know whats up.

Here is a shot i took the other day where you can sort of see how fat her sisters leaves look in comparison to DPs...
IMAG1774

can you tell which one is her?
...she is in the lower left corner...
Here is a single leaf shot...
IMAG1767

she is way top heavy and bushy as hell. Probably going to prune back a bunch of the lower scrap leads coming up real soon here.

onisdad

onisdad

Leaf comparison shot.....as promised.;)
IMAG1826

both plants are about the same size and age. My roommate, the master grower around here, says that the long skinny sativa leaf doesn't show up until late in bloom.

slausongardens

slausongardens

theyre still fat leaves, the other plants just have really fat blades..

its funny cuz i got a durban poison clone that looked just like that and i thought for sure it was a fake cuz the blades were fat and there was only 5 blades, i expected real skinny ones and a lot of them per leaf so i got rid of it.. but now looking at this one, maybe it was the real deal.. i dunno, any other durban poison pics?? i was thinking it might have been an early durban crossed with the afghani.. hopefully thats just how the durban looks and ill have to hunt it down again..

cant wait to see it flower.

Ganjafarmer562

Ganjafarmer562

I also have durban poison but in bean form and was hesitant to pop em because I was assuming it was like 11-12 weeks. I think slauson is right, that may be a hybrid with an affie or Indica of some sort. Ill be watching

henry

henry

durban poison was one of the first weed strains i heard of. happy looking plants you're growing :)

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

I have some Durban poison going right now as well, a lot of the real purple Phenos. The sativa leaves do come out at the end during flower I feel like, the leaves are always real huge and beefy... I'm no expert though, I got this weed back in '07 and saved some seeds from it, some old time growers were growing it locally and somehow i got the connection.. anyway, like I said I am no expert, I have thrown seeds out and basically just watered them and had a little weed to smoke without spending money and saved seeds because I didn't know how to sex plants. Looks great man, any pics of it in flower or finished?

onisdad

onisdad

here is a couple of the most recent shots of her.... she is almost done now. just a few more days...10 to 15 or so. She sets up very early with her budset and we thought she was going to be an early finisher but it was just an early set up and now she is taking longer to mature and the rest of the strains have in the room have caught up.
IMAG3822

IMAG3836

IMAG3837

IMAG3838

I still really don't see any of the super skinny sativa style leaves but you can tell from the smell of her that she is Durban! My grow partner is NOT a big fan of the flavor of the Durb but now that he has worked with growing with her, he is stoked! Out of all the 8+ different strains we are running in this run, she has been the most resillent and hearty. No PM or any signs of deficencies when the other strains have shown some here and there. We are planning on using her for some breeding. Possibly crossing with a OG of some kind. this round we dropped a little pollen(a male from a Cali Connect mix pack) on one of her leads and have a few seeds forming just for shits and giggles. Boy I can't wait till she's done. She gonna be sooooo tasty!

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Looks like a tasty morsel. I love durban. Its waaay under rated. Nice work dude!

onisdad

onisdad

Here are a few more shots that i took yesterday!
IMAG3901

IMAG3902

IMAG3903

IMAG3907

i am probably going to buy a camera today so there may be some more pics to post later.looking at a Nikon for a killer price, used. She will make a good model test subject for some of my first fotos with the new weapon!

Top Bottom