Dutch passion fem seeds turn hermie

• Thread starter steveedg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
steveedg

steveedg

Hi all ,

i recently planted a pack of brainstorm feminised seeds from dutch passion and on day 20 flowering 3 out of 5 have turned ladyboy on me and i suppose its just time wasted waiting for the others to turn

why do these seed company's tell you they are selling stable feminised seeds and send out any old crap that hasn't been tested properly

i have also had trouble with biobizz seeds not even germinating

IT JUST GOES TO SHOW STICK TO WHAT YOU KNOW AND WHAT HAS BEEN RECCOMENDED RATHER THAN GO FOR THE CHEAPER OPTION!!!!!!!!!!!

so far all these delays have cost me 8 weeks grow time .:icon_dizzy:

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry to hear that Steve. That's part of the learning curve, cheap seeds can yield great plants but seem to balance that out with a much higher percentage of runts, hermi's, and general losers. Twice the work for the same money in the long run.

I've seen and grown some great plants from DP regulars but the selections always had to be large to find a good one.

H

Hood Dr 313

i'm having good sucess with fem seed from dutch passion (strawberry cough)and paradise seeds (jacky white) no hermies just beautiful ladies I did have a problem with dp's blueberry the whole pack were runts and didn't flower at all and they had twisted leaves I gave up on em anybody else had that problem

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Twisted leaves are a very common thing in the real Blueberry lines. Some will grow out of it and produce extremely good, connoisseur grade bud. Often they're sterile or impossible to clone though.

steveedg

steveedg

yeah i'll be going back to normal seeds luckily i have a few strains bity sent me b4 he was banned i'll germ some of them and look for a keeper

X

xchaoticmetalx

Def seems luck of the draw with DP. I grew out some Orange Bud and got 2 main pheno's. 1 that was an amazingly resinous tight dense bud that I loved and the other was a whispy, airy harsh, resin lacking plant that hermied all over the place.

B

been

That sucks bro, but how could you not expect hermies? I see this same thread all over the internet.

steveedg

steveedg

That sucks bro, but how could you not expect hermies? I see this same thread all over the internet.

you see the same about gh and bb feminised as well many other seed companys and i've grown from both of them before with decent results (although not briiliant) there was only 1 hermie but we live and learn just means my stash will have to last a few weeks longer than first planned

I

ismokepot

I'll again mention that there are a couple different methods of producing fem seeds, some of which are more reliable. I've grown out 100's of Paradise Seeds fem's and have never had 1 go hermie....

X

xchaoticmetalx

I never had issues with GH seeds goin hermy, cept the one flower on my TW, which is know to have a late nanner in the arcate line anyway.

steveedg

steveedg

it was some GH cheese and i was happy with 1 out of 10 being hemie especially for the price

S

shadrack

Hi all - have just done some dp blueberry fem and no hermies just beautiful ladies - have a look - just chopped em - in the drying room - they were put through the mill a bit too. i have some dp mazar fem, some gh church fem, seedsman white widow fem and some barny's farm blue cheese fem - oh and some dp bb fem left. hope these are as good.
i have read quite a lot about fem seeds - and although there are some reports of dp fems hermie there are also a lot of good to be said too.
just thought id tell you my personal experience - i go for the fems as i have a space prob too

B

British_Hempire

DP seeds are junk imho, their femmed seeds even worse.

If GHS TW hermies I doubt it's anything to do with the Arcata cut's intersex trait as I highly doubt there is any TW in GHS's version, looks and smokes nothing like real TW.

The moral of the story - if you don't want substandard hermie plants, don't buy femmed beans!

R

rayvon

ive run the powerplant fems off em and got one big time hermi outa the five popped (sods law it was the last one i popped:brokenheart), the rest were stunners mind:whew

X

xchaoticmetalx

DP seeds are junk imho, their femmed seeds even worse.

If GHS TW hermies I doubt it's anything to do with the Arcata cut's intersex trait as I highly doubt there is any TW in GHS's version, looks and smokes nothing like real TW.

The moral of the story - if you don't want substandard hermie plants, don't buy femmed beans!

I def agree that the most common pheno's of the GHS TW doesn't smoke or look like the arcata cut, but my boy says the high is very similar. I ended up with a pheno that had the absolute opposite of what they claimed there TW was structured like (ie. super large calyx's ect) It actually looked as though some real wreck might be in there (who really knows though). I think the GH guys got a TW cross of sorts and didn't know it(or maybe they do,:devil). The oddball pheno I have seems more like a purple wreck than a TW to me. It is completely diff than the others and smells/tastes like intense Concord grape/lavender.Very weird, but alas it is good.

S

shadrack

Hey british - me and you would get along fine LOL - SIG -I'm so sick of closet grower's stoned theories with no evidence to support their claims. Other than, "It works for me"

doesnt everyone have to start somewhere - either in a small CLOSET or Fecking Huge great tent or factory, does it really matter - we all here to share our experiences big or small - oh and if peeps have done a full grow big or small is that not what you would class as EVIDENCE.
maybe i should keep my experiences to myself NOT - maybe as a forum moderator you should be trying to encourage fellow farmers big or small to leave comments not trying to offend them.

S

Swiffy80

Hey Steveedg... i swaped some seeds i got one DP Blueberry... it looked lovely untill about 4 weeks into veg it Hermied under a 125W envirolight 18/6... I was gutted as my mates was a first class smoke and a high yeilder.

U

ukcheesehead

good post steve . name n shame , have you emailed them yet ?

steveedg

steveedg

good post steve . name n shame , have you emailed them yet ?

no not yet m8 spent an hour searching for the pack last night

i've come to the conclusion that i just won't give them anymore of my ££££

neither will i be buying any more feminised seeds lol i think B H was right feminised seeds just cause more
hassle than they are worth

i planted :
1 x power skunk (freebie)
1 x SSH (freebie from yourself lol)
1 x london high (from bity)
6 x gumtree (from bity)
5 x brainstorm fem (dutch passion)

the brainstorm haven't grown very well from day 1 but all the others are doing fine

the SSH is female but after reading some horror stories about flowering times it will be going outside as soon as its warm enough and willl just be left to take as long as it needs

i'm hoping the gumtree has a decent keeper in it to keep as a mother depennding on how it grows as it is untested so far

i'm after 2 different varieties to use as mothers so still on the look out for something decent :cool0044:

Latest posts

Top Bottom