Dutch Supersoil, La Grape (dna), Diy Cree Cxa Leds

• Thread starter Dutch Green
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dutch Green

Dutch Green

Hello everyone!

My name is Dutch Green and I’m new to this forum. It’s going to be my first journal. I recently started growing indoors. Mainly because I don’t want to finance the shady individuals that run the coffee shops here in Holland! Secondly, because our climate does not allow us to grow proper buds outdoors. After several failed attempts (due to mildew and top rot) I bought a 2 by 2 growing tent from a friend. This is when my ‘adventure’ began. I looked around on Dutch forums as well, but about organics there is more to find on American forums.

Let me take you though my set-up… I took the 2x2 tent and built it into an old IKEA closet. I covered the insides with soundproof material, made holes for ventilation and slam-ka-bam: I had myself a stealthy grow-closet. I run a powerful fan at half speeds using a dimmer, in combination with a Rhino filter (in order to get rid of the smell and thus keep my neighbors happy). I built my own growing light using 3 Cree CXA3050 high power LED’s powered by Mean Well LPC-60-1400 drivers. I’ve read a lot about led growing lights and these are, in my opinion, one of the best. Reason being is that they have a high CRI-value. Therefore having a very similar relative spectral power distribution to that of natural light. I’m using two 2700K’s and one 5000K, for flowering and the vegetative stage respectively. It consumes about 160 Watts and has an output of about 17000 lm; enough for one plant. The heat produced is enough to warm up the grow space to a comfortable 25 degrees Celsius when the lights are on. Meaning it’s always between 19 and 25 degrees. Ideal! Furthermore I have a small fan for air circulation and a DIY air humidifier.

Now my main concern is my soil… I’m trying to mimic Subcools recipe as good as I can, but have some difficulty in getting the amounts of fertilizer right. My first few grows I made some estimations on how much to add, because I had to use alternative Dutch products. Unfortunately these estimations turned out to be a bit off. It looks like I had a nutrient lockout due to high soil pH. Might be the dolomite lime...?

Does anyone have an idea of how much mg/L of the main components (so N, P, K, Ca and Mg) I should end up with in my mix?

I already have a 50 L batch ‘cooking’ in a plastic tub. This mix contains 519 N, 878 P, 1053 K, 115 Ca and 67 Mg (all in mg/L). I’m going to use a 7-gallon Smart Pot for one single plant that I’m going to SROG. One third is this supersoil mix, the remaining two thirds are base soil (lightmix + EWC). In total this will contain 8, 12, 16, 3 and 1,6 grams of NPK-Ca-Mg respectively (see screenshot of excel spreadsheet). Again; will this suffice?

That’s it for now! Thanks for your time!

Ps. I’ll soon post some pictures of my previous attempts, set-up and my new seedlings.

Soil jan 2017

Dutch Green

Dutch Green

Hi framers,

Just found an helpful video on youtube. It's about a super soil recipe at 'half strength'. It states all it's ingredients with amounts in g/L.
I made a spreadsheet for this mix as well. It turns out my mix would be very similar: 500-900-1030 mg/L NPK in the super soil mix. And 300-480-620 mg/L NPK for a 1:2 mix in a 7 gallon smart pot.

Still I wonder, especially because they emphasize it's half strength, will these amounts be enough for about 2 weeks veg and 9 weeks of flower?

Please let me know your opinions!

Peace!

Vermifire
Dutch Green

Dutch Green

Unfortunately no answers so far... Here are some photo's of the new girls anyways. I sprouted 15 seeds. Selected the five best. First one to come up is still doing best. They are now at day 16 and growing well! I'll transfer them to a bigger pot soon, before they're getting rootbound.

IMG 8460
IMG 8468
IMG 8476
IMG 8488
Tnelz

Tnelz

So glad u are trying this out. Once u g the hang of it u will kill in organic soil. Good worm castings and or compost are imo the most important inputs. Next would be rock dusts glacial or volcanic or otherwise. After that kelp oyster shells and alfalfa. Go with fish bone meal over bone meal. U don't have to put 5 million things in. If u Google super soil it will give u a million recipies. Or go to build a soil . Com. Their Clackamas costs recipie is simple and effective. Feel free to come by my tnelz thread about whatever. If I can help in any way don't hesitate to ask. Just be patient because I'm not here daily. I have found my soils make it start to finish with medium to light feeders. Heavy feeders usually need a boost around week 5 of bloom. I could fix this I believe with more of this or that but easier to add nectar for the gods at that point. Good luck

Top Bottom