dwc air pump

• Thread starter WackyBaccy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WackyBaccy

i will be running two dwc buckets both 22litre / 5.88 US Gallons

any suggestions on what size air pump i should buy to run both of these?

Thanks WackyBaccy

E

ecsd

A dual outlet aquarium pump from walmart, with a line to each bucket and a 6" airstone is plenty. Cost around 12$

M

Moon Dog

If I remember correctly - each plant requires a minimum 28 ( might be 24) gallons of air in the water per hour for proper root oxygenation levels. Since all air pumps are rated by liters per minute you simply need to convert the pump output to gallons per hour.

A 2 outlet pump that puts out 7.8 ltrs per minute ( like the common hydrofarm 2 outlet pumps) will actually supply 2.06 gallons per minute x 60 minutes = 123.6 gallons per hour. Divide this number by the required 28 gallons of air need per plant and you have 4.41 plants that the pump can support.

manitoid.

manitoid.

I would reccomend getting something a little bit bigger than the dual outlet pump from Walmart.

The hydrofarm dual output would be decent, or Petsmart carries a Topfin line of pumps that pack a little more punch than the walmart ones for only a few bucks more. If you can, I'd reccomend one powerful enough to run 4 airstones, 2 for each bucket, the AIR-8000 from Petsmart can do this no problem.

G

grinkeeper

I have a few of these PONDMASTER areation pumps .. there amazing and can run many buckets at one time... there pricey but work exceptionally

http://www.pondmasterstore.com/home...1/page_143_58/pondmaster_air_pump_ap_100.html

Sup04580.jpg

I

ir0nLung

really just depends on if you are planning on expanding in the future or not. for 2 buckets one walmart pump will work, but i'd buy 2 dual outlet wally world pumps, one for each. if you anticipate expanding pondmaster ap 60 are what i use for 4-8 unit setups(10 gallon units).

Top Bottom