DWC: Brown slime on roots at water level??

• Thread starter Edmgrower6
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Edmgrower6

Edmgrower6

Hi guys new to the forum. Seems like a great community.

This is only my 3rd crop, first time doing DWC on connected system with community reservoir for 8 buckets in one tent. In 4th week of veg, plants look very healthy, just starting to grow fast.

I noticed this Brown slime on the plant roots at the water level on multiple plants. Roots look nice and white, not mushy, no real stinky smell. Roots under the water are all whiteabd clean.

Been doing lots of reading most say root rot, one said excess nutes attaching to the roots, one said could be beneficial microbes as environment is very healthy???
2 air stones in each bucket, as well as a water fall system into each bucket, lots of circulation.

Thank you, D

Dwc brown slime on roots at water level
Dwc brown slime on roots at water level 2
4plant

4plant

You using any kelp products? If not you might throw some hydro guard or H202 in your next mix.

Edmgrower6

Edmgrower6

You using any kelp products? If not you might throw some hydro guard or H202 in your next mix.
No kelp. Using CX line of products.
I cleaned off the brown easily today with a spray bottle and water mixed with h202. A guy at a local grow shop said try it and see as it may have been residual discharge from the new clay pellets I used. I did rinse them a couple times but maybe wasn't enough? Going to wait a couple days and see if it comes back. Roots are bright white now and not mushy... 🤞

Top Bottom