DWC clone transplant not growing

• Thread starter matcro369
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

matcro369

New to the forum and growing. I started with DWC and bought a clone from a local dispensary. I put the clone in the system on the 13th and there has been very little growth. It's basically the same size. I had the water level too high and the light too intense in the beginning so that caused some of my issues. I corrected the water level to an inch below the net pot, lowered light to 20% and lifted it to the top of the tent. Left it that way for too long probably but anyway, im at 2ft at 100% for a 2x2 ac infinity light in a 2x2 tent. Started at 70% humidity, 75f. Now at 65% 75f. Using Botanicare Pure Blend Pro grow, cal mag, silica and hydroguard. Half doses except for hydrogard. Liquid karma and tea coming next week.

The roots are still not popping out of the netpot. I realize after the fact that I put the rockwool part of the clone too high. I'm almost thinking of pulling it out, checking for root rot and reseating it so the roots can easily get down to the solution. I'm also trying not to over-care. There could be root rot from the netpot sitting in the water an inch for the first maybe 4-5 days.

The pics are what it looks like now. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Dwc clone transplant not growing
Dwc clone transplant not growing 2
ninjadip

ninjadip

New to the forum and growing. I started with DWC and bought a clone from a local dispensary. I put the clone in the system on the 13th and there has been very little growth. It's basically the same size. I had the water level too high and the light too intense in the beginning so that caused some of my issues. I corrected the water level to an inch below the net pot, lowered light to 20% and lifted it to the top of the tent. Left it that way for too long probably but anyway, im at 2ft at 100% for a 2x2 ac infinity light in a 2x2 tent. Started at 70% humidity, 75f. Now at 65% 75f. Using Botanicare Pure Blend Pro grow, cal mag, silica and hydroguard. Half doses except for hydrogard. Liquid karma and tea coming next week.

The roots are still not popping out of the netpot. I realize after the fact that I put the rockwool part of the clone too high. I'm almost thinking of pulling it out, checking for root rot and reseating it so the roots can easily get down to the solution. I'm also trying not to over-care. There could be root rot from the netpot sitting in the water an inch for the first maybe 4-5 days.

The pics are what it looks like now. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure if I'm reading it right, but you have the water below the pot before you have any roots coming out? This is only something you do after your roots have established enough to reach that far. In the beginning you will need to have the appropriate amount of the netpot submerged if isn't on a feed.

One other question is was the clone you got in soil or rockwool when you got it? I'm wondering how you transplanted it could be an issue too

C

clobelcreations

Ahh so maybe I should raise the water up then? The clone was in soil and within a Rockwell cube. I cleaned the soil out under the tap. I expected some shock from that.

*I realized I made this account on my phone and the original one on my pc. I’m the op and will fix.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Ahh so maybe I should raise the water up then? The clone was in soil and within a Rockwell cube. I cleaned the soil out under the tap. I expected some shock from that.

*I realized I made this account on my phone and the original one on my pc. I’m the op and will fix.
Well if you aren't on a drip feed and just a normal DWC, yes you need to have the water level high enough to touch the roots, once they come through the pot, then you can lower the water level.

I do DWC, it makes sense, if the water level is below the roots, how is the plant supposed to get anything?

Some foliar feeding can help with transplant shock greatly, I just learned from experience

C

clobelcreations

Got out of bed to add some more water haha. I thought the bubbles from the air that were making the bottom of the net pot moist were supposed to coax the roots out. Makes sense why it’s been doing better with me top feeding multiple times a day now.

Thanks for the help!

ninjadip

ninjadip

Got out of bed to add some more water haha. I thought the bubbles from the air that were making the bottom of the net pot moist were supposed to coax the roots out. Makes sense why it’s been doing better with me top feeding multiple times a day now. Thanks for the help!
No problem!
I'm new but I think I'm doing good. I have 7 DWC buckets in a 4x4.
This is a great community

Here is my current grow

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Just and opinion.
Light intensity, definitely less than 50. If you have a meter 150-200 ppfd.
I have used the same product and fought for a while .
Ya ya organic fertilizer will work.

It sure does , donated to buddy that grows in dirt and I bought a 2 part .

Personally changed to bontaicare kind.

I would keep it simple for now. Double dose of guard( personally would use orca instead)
If using ro water calmag to low 100 then a-b to 3-400.

Enjoy.

C

clobelcreations

Thanks. I am using Ro water. I have the photone app but it seems to read high to me. At that ppfd I’m 20% 3ft from the plant. I’ll see how it’s doing after lights come on in 2.5 hrs

Top Bottom