DWC - Final flush before harvest

• Thread starter Splashgordon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Splashgordon

Splashgordon

Hey guys I’m on week 6 of flowering, trichomes are still all clear, and about 50% of hairs are orange. I’m wondering, are there are any visual indications you go by to know when to start the final flush and stop nutrients?

Also what are your opinions on increasing hours of no light. Instead of 12/12 slowly adding adding an hour of darkness every week here on out? I’m figuring I’ll stop after I get to dark 16/8 light.

Dwc   final flush before harvest
Dwc   final flush before harvest 2
Splashgordon

Splashgordon

Less light less bud... no need to flush per se. Just start dropping the ppm down. Drop the cal mag and maybe a bump in sulfur if ya like.

Fade will start to come fast after about 5 days. Last week below 300ppm
That also sounds legit based on what I’ve read. I planned on slowly reducing ppm/ec until the flush but initially wasn’t planning on reducing it that much. Was going to let it drop down to 500 ppm naturally, then when it came time for res change I was going to do that without adding any nutrients.
My main concern is timing of the harvest. I’m figuring I’ll start when I see a handful of amber trichs. Just don’t want to many more to turn amber during the 48hr dark.
(this is my first grow, so unsure of trich aging rate).

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Nice grow! My advice is to flush your plant with cold not ice water, this will help your pistils turn and add a bit of frost, if it needs another drink before chop again use cold water.

Constructionpig

Constructionpig

I adjust ph accordingly then I only use clearex for the last 5 to 7 days I never experience chem burn harsh smoke in the back of my throat.
So that works for me.

Constructionpig

Constructionpig

I usually look up the breeders recommendations for how long to grow and then I mark my bucket tops with blue tape write the start date and end date
Then I flush with clearex 5 to 7 days prior to the harvest date.
so far so good for me.
good luck 😊

Top Bottom