Dwc problem

• Thread starter Akabudz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Akabudz

Akabudz

My first thought was ‘light burn’

Looks Nitrogen deficiency Pics on google
Thanks bro, yes it does, plants are getting it though, can any one tell me if I added water level height could this cause problems? Please read above. Thanks

chemistry

chemistry

To much Nitrogen. Keep your water at least one inch below your net pot, I like two inches once the roots hit 3 inches in length.

Akabudz

Akabudz

The problem is when I transferred to a bigger tote (40ltr) some weeks back i only half filled it, which left around 4 to 5 inches from water to bottom of net pots, I noticed problems starting when I raised water level another 2 inches, could the roots be effected by the water level rise? And too much nitrogen or not enough?

chemistry

chemistry

The leaf damage and posture of your plant says Nitrogen tox. If your roots are in the water your fine, just make sure the water is well bubbled.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Pics of the roots?

The reason I feel it was overfed previously is because if the waxy dark green and bit of clawing.

Now you can see the plant pulling nitrogen from the bottom leaves which would indicate it's not getting enough (could be a root issue)

The reason I say K deficiency is the upper leaves have tip and edge scorching... No clawing. That type of tip scorching is the very beginning and you can see some leaves are starting to show it along the leaf edge with tells me it K deficiency and not recent N tox. (Could also be root issue)

When looking at the timing of your switch to bloom nutes it would explain the slight N def but the K would either be from to much P leading me to think imbalance or uptake issue. I find if it's uptake issue from roots cal and mg tend to show first.

Can we see your roots?

Akabudz

Akabudz

Pics of the roots?

The reason I feel it was overfed previously is because if the waxy dark green and bit of clawing.

Now you can see the plant pulling nitrogen from the bottom leaves which would indicate it's not getting enough (could be a root issue)

The reason I say K deficiency is the upper leaves have tip and edge scorching... No clawing. That type of tip scorching is the very beginning and you can see some leaves are starting to show it along the leaf edge with tells me it K deficiency and not recent N tox. (Could also be root issue)

When looking at the timing of your switch to bloom nutes it would explain the slight N def but the K would either be from to much P leading me to think imbalance or uptake issue. I find if it's uptake issue from roots cal and mg tend to show first.

Can we see your roots?
Hi bro, thanks for stopping by, yes I can take pics if roots tomorrow, they are not white but a sandy colour and have been like this for months due to the calmag being black in colour, there is no slime present.
I will upload as soon as I can 👍 thanks again 👍

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi bro, thanks for stopping by, yes I can take pics if roots tomorrow, they are not white but a sandy colour and have been like this for months due to the calmag being black in colour, there is no slime present.
I will upload as soon as I can 👍 thanks again 👍
Sounds like they are good 👍 but also good to peek under the hood

Akabudz

Akabudz

Pics of the roots?

Can we see your roots?

IMG 20200609 180811
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They look ok. Your gonna need a lot more air though brother. That could be an issue with uptake. You need to get that surface moving so you have gas exchange

Akabudz

Akabudz

They look ok. Your gonna need a lot more air though brother. That could be an issue with uptake. You need to get that surface moving so you have gas exchange
Thanks bro, I have 3 air pumps in that lol, so do I need to add more pk? Or just more air for now? That tote is almost 2x2 ft in size 👍 I think coco next grow lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks bro, I have 3 air pumps in that lol, so do I need to add more pk? Or just more air for now? That rote is almost 2x2 ft in size 👍 I think coco next grow lol
3air pumps or stones? Not alot of movement there. Atleast to my eyes.

What nutes again? I would give a 50/50 mix of bloom and grow. Do water changes once you have added back equal to the amount of water the system has. Not the amount it can hold but the actual amount of water in it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looking at the size of plants 500-600 ppm should do ya.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I could go get 2 x 10ltr buckets tomorrow, or get another descent air pump?
It may just be the stones are to big for the pumps. What pumps and stones are you using? It sounds good but looked weak to me

Top Bottom