Dwc Question

• Thread starter dgrange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dgrange

hey everyone I was wondering about putting some lava rocks in the bottom of my dwc bucket to give the good guys more places to live. The whole grow is kinda of a big experiment learning curve, nothing fancy just seeing if things work.

C

Cernfan

Just started dwc myself so I have a question for you. Who are the good guys the roots or a natural predator to eat the algae? Just asking bc I have a lot of brown slime on my roots

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
You will just be taking up root space. There is a type of growing that uses lava rocks and bennies called Bio Buckets. Modded type of hempy buckets. Look that up if you are interested.

D

dgrange

You will just be taking up root space. There is a type of growing that uses lava rocks and bennies called Bio Buckets. Modded type of hempy buckets. Look that up if you are interested.
makes sense thank you

D

dgrange

Just started dwc myself so I have a question for you. Who are the good guys the roots or a natural predator to eat the algae? Just asking bc I have a lot of brown slime on my roots
bennies or benifical bacteria

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
hey everyone I was wondering about putting some lava rocks in the bottom of my dwc bucket to give the good guys more places to live. The whole grow is kinda of a big experiment learning curve, nothing fancy just seeing if things work.

I had the same problem with that first grow that i didn't want to discuss. Botanicare Hydroguard Bacillus Root Inoculant & +Life+Life the two together are awesome!!! +Life has to come from mfg (follow url) Hydroguard from Amazon (buy the little bottle first).

Hydroguard stops the RR from happening and the +Life uses enzymes to break down the slough ofo/break off into usable sugars or some such that is good for the plant itself.

btw, heisenbubble hooked me up to cns-17 and +Life. now i swear by both :)

Good Luck!

Upload 2019 2 12 5 47 27

Nugg

Nugg

Yep..hydro guard...never have issues after I started using it....I found that I can't add to my fresh system,,I have to wait for some roots to develop..idk.but I'm thinking the stuff dies from lack of bacteria at start...so I've learned not to completely drain my systems..I have 3 so I take from another to start the next..but that's me in my environment..

Nugg

Nugg

Therr is a product called pure essential? Black label...it's also another good root builder.. fwiw

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Yep..hydro guard...never have issues after I started using it....I found that I can't add to my fresh system,,I have to wait for some roots to develop..idk.but I'm thinking the stuff dies from lack of bacteria at start...so I've learned not to completely drain my systems..I have 3 so I take from another to start the next..but that's me in my environment..

With new seedlings just moved to the grow cabinet, i use it at 1/4 strength like the calmag and cns-17. :-)

C

Cernfan

what about peroxide is this just a myth and do I transplant up when the roots grow?

B

blactunda

who makes +life? hydroponic research?

Last edited:
D

dgrange

I had the same problem with that first grow that i didn't want to discuss. Botanicare Hydroguard Bacillus Root Inoculant & +Life+Life the two together are awesome!!! +Life has to come from mfg (follow url) Hydroguard from Amazon (buy the little bottle first).

Hydroguard stops the RR from happening and the +Life uses enzymes to break down the slough ofo/break off into usable sugars or some such that is good for the plant itself.

btw, heisenbubble hooked me up to cns-17 and +Life. now i swear by both :)

Good Luck!

View attachment 856274
hi thanks for replying where do you get the +life from again and what is the cns-17 product and where do you get that

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Top Bottom