DWC Scrog Water Changes

• Thread starter zurple
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zurple

zurple

I'm setting up a dwc system and was wondering how you left up larger plants in a scrog net during flower to clean the buckets, but without damaging the colas and etc.

Especially by yourself.

I've searched and the consensus is that they don't clean or change out the buckets, but every where says to do it once a week.

zurple

zurple

I would look into doing RDWC under a scrog. That way you can easily change out water, and you can make adjustments from the epi bucket without having to get under the net.

Funny, I was just watching a video about that. lol
I am interested in doing a 3 bucket rwdc, 2 inside my 2x4 tent and the res outside the tent.

chemistry

chemistry

I keep the water in buckets all the time, never ran with a single contol rez due to running different strains at the same time, I run an enzyme in the water, the only time I change is if the salts in the nuits build up. There are two ways to go sterile or enzyme, I went the enzyme route.

DWCgrower

DWCgrower

I'm setting up a dwc system and was wondering how you left up larger plants in a scrog net during flower to clean the buckets, but without damaging the colas and etc.

Especially by yourself.

I've searched and the consensus is that they don't clean or change out the buckets, but everywhere says to do it once a week.

Zurple, it all starts by setting up your system (Correctly). You never need to lift any of your plants from the sites EVER! The design on the system should be in a loop from the EpiCenter (that is needed to be set up for H20 and nutes introduction) At the end of the buckets, you will need a magnetic pump to circulate your water from one bucket to another.

I would first recommend looking into Current Culture H20 systems. They are fairly reasonably priced and well build (best in the DWC Industry) https://cch2o.com

They have different variances of systems that they sell (see picture attached). If your system is built correctly from the start you would simply have the pump do all the work for you and change out the water with the turn of the valve dumping everything out to the drain (once a week) is how often you will need to perform routine water changes. You never have to scrub anything except at the end of the harvest when you no longer have live plants in there.

If you do any sort of maintenance or removal of live plants out of the system during the run you will shock, stunt or even possibly kill your plants (not recommended)

If you have any further questions feel free to ask ;)

Boneless option 525x350

Latest posts

Top Bottom