Dwc sea of green rubbermaid

• Thread starter Mrmitten
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mrmitten

Mrmitten

So I have 1 finished dwc under my belt with 5 gallon buckets. I've learned it's terrible to ph up and ph down numerous buckets daily. I'm thinking about getting a mother tent, the attempting sea of green with 2 large totes with 5 plants each. From here I could make an access point to wet vac out the reservoir in the spot for the sixth hole and have the access point in the front of the 4x4 tent essentially having the 2 totes cover most of the rest of the tent. This would leave me only two reservoirs to ph daily. I also have some extra pumps I could use to circulate water around the tubs better and two large air commercial air pumps to connect several stones too. Ideally I'd keep clones In veg for a short period of time and switch over to flower relatively quickly keeping plants to a manageable size in a sea of green like approach. Downsides with my plan? Other approach I was thinking of was going rdwc I just really don't see much of a benefit over the complexity of that contrasted to a system like im describing unless im missing something?

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I am using a tote in a 2x4 veg tent for 6 plants, with no res.

Even if you put a pump in the corner of the tote moving water would be considered rdwc in my opinion. There's no way you will have still water pockets, and you would have constant nutrient mixing.

Here is what I, would do if I were you, with both buckets. I will add airstones tonight but you get the picture.

As for connecting your totes, use bulkheads or rubber grommets with 3 inch connecting pipe.

Orrr you can put a pump in each and pump them to the other tote lol.. Constantly mixing both totes without having to actually connect them. Downside is if a pump fails.. Lol yea.. One tote is going on the floor.. . But generally with hydro, if anything fails, your done anyways... Generally.

I would avoid plumbing if I was you. It sucks doing it and it sucks having holes in all ur stuff for redesigns.

Top Bottom