dwc sizes

• Thread starter MightyStoner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MightyStoner

So I got some 3.5 gallon buckets I was gonna use. I know most people use 5 gallons for buckets. Is 3.5 good enough?

M

MightyStoner

Also wondering about Net cup size. I already had a hole saw for 3.5 so I went and got 25 net pots at that size. So is 3.5in good enough?

Also I only have rockwool at the moment do I need hydroton in the cups?

Z

zoeronerer

search for krusty buckets all that info is on here.....

M

MightyStoner

I searched it but sisnt see anything about the net pots sizes. I see most people use 5 inch or larger anyone ever use 3.5?

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

I would go with something a tad bigger.. get a pair of tin snips "sheet metal" cutters they cut the plastic nice... just make sure you make the right size hole to fit the little lip on the net pots.

T

tdk

i had a bunch of 3.5 gallon buckets laying around so i used them in my vegging room. the plants arent big enough to fill the buckets early on in veg so i dont think itll hurt it that much. i gave them to a friend later on when i moved as he wanted to start up with the hobby and have since switched over to 5 gallons all around. i havent noticed a difference, but bigger roots = bigger plants.

with the net pots its there to keep the plants upright. the more hydroton there is in the netpot the stronger the foundation is for the stem of the plant. i have the standard 6" net pot lids right now, but i plan on switching to the 10" ones because if u grow trees, something that is almost a must with these DWC buckets, they sometimes tip over. i know that seems like a good problem to have, but its shocking to say the least when u walk into ur room and ur plants laying there, horizontal and helpless.

Latest posts

Top Bottom