DWC water changes with Mills

• Thread starter BobR420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BobR420

BobR420

I've been growing with Mills for about 2 years now. One of the reasons I like the Mills is because I don't have to do very many water changes. My last two plants I grew were 3 & 3 1/2 pounds with only 2 complete water changes. Also with Mills I was able to have extremely high ppm's without any stress on the plant. I've been hearing some wonderful things about Jack's 3 2 1 and I'm looking for some practical application advice on whether this would be good in a DWC system.

Nugg

Nugg

They only reason I change my water.. about 2wks.apart...after constant top offs..I feel the plant doesn't take up everything at the same rate...so I all I do is top off..I'll have a large number of something building up and never get it balanced out again...

Roadblock

Roadblock

I have a RWDC and it holds 400 ltrs total with a 60 ltr top up res that feeds the system, I have 9 plants that didnt alter the EC until about 13 days about 12 inchs high and then they were using 50pmm a day at about 21 days 24inch I noticed just a slight hooking off some of the bigger leaves, I run two strains White Rhino and Bubba Kush and both were showing the same symptoms , so what I did was bleed off 60ltrs a day and let the top up fill up the system, next day bleed of another this is now the 5th day of bleeding off and replacing 60 ltrs a day and the leaves have straightened out, I believe the hooking was the beginning of a deficiency or a toxicity from the nutrient profile running out of balance after 3 weeks of the plants taking some parts of the nutrient and not others so the balance runs out , Ive read guys saying they ran the whole grow without a change I wouldnt attempt to run without changing the res, not from what I could see was going on with my own plants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom