Dying on the vine? Jungle boys technique to improve cure.

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Andy

Andy

Hi all,

The Jungle boys mention that letting the plants 'die on the vine' improves the cure process:

Here

What do you guys think they mean? I'm wondering if this just involves stopping watering the plants for a few days before cropping - or are there other elements to the process that combine to produce this effect?

Anthem

Anthem

They literally just let it die on the vine and from what I have learned they do this rather than hanging the plant to dry. If you do a search in the forums there is more information on Jungle Boys grow techniques.

Andy

Andy

Actually they dry for 14 days at 60% humidity, 60 degrees. Check out that video at 11.38.

There's more to this - 14 days is a longish dry time, so I don't think they're doing a significant dry on the vine.

Anthem

Anthem

Actually they dry for 14 days at 60% humidity, 60 degrees. Check out that video at 11.38.

There's more to this - 14 days is a longish dry time, so I don't think they're doing a significant dry on the vine.
14 days at 60 degrees and 60 percent will get it done. I do not see them post that much about the die on the vine thing in the last 2 years on IG. I will have to reach out and find out if they are still doing it.

Andy

Andy

I would be really interested to hear your findings. Do you have a way of contacting them directly?

11Hick11

11Hick11

Dont they drill the stalk at ripe time and then let it die? Striping the lower inch or so of bark would do it to i believe. Thats what i understand from them.

Andy

Andy

I've had a look on the forum (and others), but can't find a definitive answer. A guy here (jumpincactus) lets them sit for 3 weeks (!) at a low temp (65) with no watering and then dries. It's a cool technique and he says it improves the smoke a lot, but I'm thinking that the jungle boys are unlikely to be giving over 21 days of doing this every crop. Hopefully someone who knows will chime in.

Here's Jumpincactus' explanation - it's the most comprehensive I've seen, but there's no guarantee that it's anything like the process the jungle boys are doing. The post is about 2/3 down this page:

Link

Odiesel

Odiesel

I had got some bud recently from a local homie that gave me some clones. The smell and taste is absolutely amazing, he told me the day before that he was busy trimming and was a bit later than expected sending it out. I reached out to him about if this bud was cured since it seemed like it had but i assumed he didnt bc he told me he was trimming the day before.
He says he does the die on the vine tech. Cuts back feeding last week or so and then plain water before letting it go 5 days or so depending on pot size. Once the plants are looking nice and dead he cuts them and dries for 10-18 days. Afterwards he will trim and said the bud is ready for consumption.

20201205 205936

Latest posts

Top Bottom