Dying stems off main branches

• Thread starter Thumbuddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

I've noticed over last two visits to my garden that I have smaller shoots dying off main branches on one plant. It seems to be a dark area right in the crotch off main branches and growth off that area is dying.
Forgot to get pics this time and it'll be a few days til I return.
Did I damage it during defoliating? I always clean scissors with alcohol but also have a tendency to pinch some with fingers. Could it be infected by chance? Seems to be the dark area is also near a cut or pinch spot from leaf removal.
Ideas on possible problem?
Just trying to limp her thru last few weeks is allthanks in advance

2Bad

2Bad

Going to need a picture or we can't diagnose.. in a few days your plant will probably be ruined.

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

Going to need a picture or we can't diagnose.. in a few days your plant will probably be ruined.
Oddly,the rest of the plant looks very healthy. Seems to just be an odd secondary branch in a few areas. Just wondering if I had infected it while snipping was possible was all. Life won't pass me by If a plant dies on me versus driving 300 miles roundtrip to take a pic. There's plenty of healthy ones there😉
I can get a neighbor over to take a pic I guess just so I can know for myself what's up

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

Neighbor was just there. Can't get any decent pics but he says areas where I cut out dying growth seem to be fine. Some purple tipped leaves which I believe are most likely phosphorus issue but I did notice some rust spots on some leaves also. One other thing I noted was the stalk itself was totally hollow where I cut it out.
It's a kush mint clone and the whole batch has had some form of issue in one way or another for all of us. I'll post the bad pics later anyway but doubtful they would do any good.
Just most likely roll with it and hope they all fair well. Just need a few more wks is all. Thanks

2Bad

2Bad

Neighbor was just there. Can't get any decent pics but he says areas where I cut out dying growth seem to be fine. Some purple tipped leaves which I believe are most likely phosphorus issue but I did notice some rust spots on some leaves also. One other thing I noted was the stalk itself was totally hollow where I cut it out.
It's a kush mint clone and the whole batch has had some form of issue in one way or another for all of us. I'll post the bad pics later anyway but doubtful they would do any good.
Just most likely roll with it and hope they all fair well. Just need a few more wks is all. Thanks
Hollow in the stem is normal. some rust is normal just not large amounts.

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

Hollow in the stem is normal. some rust is normal just not large amounts.
Never in all my years have I looked deeply enough to notice the hollow stems,lol. Thanks for that tidbit on rust being normal...it was minimal

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

Yea probably a good idea. Hopefully it's not something that'll spread.
IMG 20220919 192749751

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

He did go back and found one smaller branch that had a dead spot...near a defoliating point. Had him clip it out after he got a pic. Said rest of it looks normal for now.
Any idea? He said all leaves were drooping on only that branch

Top Bottom