Dyna Grow Protekt in EZ clone causing white crystal build up?

• Thread starter Door2theUnivers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Door2theUnivers

Has any one had experience with protek silcon solution in a Ez cloner, on day two i have this white crystal build up on the leafs and shoots as well as on the Ez cloner its self where water has been spraying out a little bit, it doesnt make sense to me to be white powdery mildew since it happend in one day and the moms are fine as well as the clones that are in soil in a differnt room.

my solution is h202 2ml per gallon / protekt 5ml per gallon / vitagrow 3 part clone solution at a total of 400ppm used poland spring water. the only thing new is the protekt for me and I already killed a whole 30 site of clones thinking this was mildew but i bleached room and cloner and its back again. can any one tell me if they have experience this as well?

I

ibTheMan

U should be run'n plain water PH adjusted to 6.0, nothing else.
Your leafs r getn toxic salt build up, ive seen it before.

Plain Water 6.0 PH

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I use around 400ppm in my cloner with the Botanicare power cloner solution. I do not use the Protek in that, but I do use it in other nute tanks. I have seen some white, cloudy separation in the water, but not in the form that you speak of. It would make sense if it was the only variable of change. Flush and re-mix your solution. Just my 2c.

-TF

G

gudkarma

i use protekt (and the entire dynagro line up) & have never seen what you're talking about.

also, to elaborate on the the above ideas, your clone solution has way to much shit in it.

think simple.

& less is more.

so you know, more ingredients in the solution does not make cuts root faster.

i'd say rez water temps, ph, humidity, and cleanliness are 1000x more important.

taking about 50 to 75 cuts a month... my power cloning solution is myco tea that's ph'd to 5.5 & not a thing more.

i use the same solution to soak rockwool cubes & take cuts that way as well.

i have 120 to 140 cuts rooting at any one time.

with 100% success rate.

* when i get roots... and not before ...is the time i add a light feed of grow nutes, p. silicate, and a few other things to 400 to 500 ppm.

finally, when you add p. silicate (or anything for that matter) make sure you check the ph of the solution as that stuff raises ph.

P

primeform

like gudkarma said i run the protekt and have never had this problem. a little big of Drip Clean would probably solve your issues tho.

D

Door2theUnivers

i emtpy'd rez and filled with half spring half tap 180- ppm 6.0 ph will clean up as much off plants i can see if it gets worse then i know its not nutes and prolly mildew thnaks

G

gudkarma

spring water is a waste of money. stop doing that.

if you want to throw money away, get an r/o filter.

even with a half & half mix, your base ppm needs ZERO (no extra) cal mag.

while hydro ph is a fierce subject of debate... 5.6 is ideal.

6.0 works but isnt ideal.

mine never goes over 5.8 or i adjust it.

and if you have mildew in flower you better get on that with some kind of preventative rather than wait grasping at straws.

& you're grasping ...i can tell.

not being negative, no way, no how, i'm just being very very direct... so dont take it as dick-ish-ness.

D

Door2theUnivers

no problem i apreciate any tips , as far as flowering its been over two weeks since i had to throw away old clones due to same issue im having now which sounds like wpm , but i havent seen any infections in flowering room still, veg room is 2 floors up and i have been showering between going into rooms, i am going to green cure today both rooms just in case

budboy299

budboy299

Actually I am not sure about Poland Springs but man some mineral water contains more salt than regular tap water...I mean alot more!

And the salts are simply sodium...not fertilizer salts

D

Door2theUnivers

here is a example of whats going on

this is one day after being in the ezcloner , i dont think that white powedery mildew can take over this fast ??? no signs on mothers or clones that are kept in a differnt rooom but in soil cups and they are a week old.

Photo
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Nothing that you put in your cloner is going to create that white powder on the top of your leaves. W/o roots there is no transfer from solution to leaf tissue anyway.

speaking of no roots, there can be no ideal PH w/o a root to uptake with. (chart included anyway, 5.2 is optimal for rooted plants in hydroponics.)

I see you took those clones from a flowering plant, what did you do to the plant prior to taking your cuts?

Also protek really has no purpose in your cloner.

And below you can see what your spending your money on w/ the poland springs, 98% of it is usable by the plant, but still a waste imo.

Inorganic Minerals and Metals MRL MCL Level Found
Calcium 0.10 NR 4.4-7.7
Sodium 0.20 NR 3.9-7.4
Potassium 0.10 NR 0.65-1.0
Fluoride 0.100 2.0 (1.4-2.4) 0.11-0.12
Magnesium 0.10 NR 0.91-1.2
Bicarbonate 1.0 NR 6.7-20
Nitrate 0.010 10.00 0.22-0.85
Chloride 1.10 250 5.5-13
Copper 0.050 1.0 ND
pH (units) NA NA 5.72-6.68
Sulfate 0.10 250 2.0-5.8
Arsenic 0.0014 0.010 ND
Lead 0.005 0.005 ND
Total Dissolved Solids 1.0 NR 35-46
All units in (mg/l) or Parts per Million (PPM)
Report Date: September 2007
Testing Period: 1st Quarter 2007

11083phnutrcombo2
D

Door2theUnivers

I just find it hard to believe this is white powedery mildew and now from my ez clone solution since its forming on plastic near a minor spray leak from a neoprene and that is formed so rapidly over one day. has any one had wpm form like that overnight? everywhere i read says it takes days ,and like i said the flower room and soil clones in a differnt room have no issues , especially to this extent,

i was thinking maybe h202 at 2ml per gallon combined with protekt could cause a reaction of some sort ? im at a loss for words pretty depressing

R

RMCG

Its not PM.

Its from the Silica. Its on your plants/cloner from one of the sprayers (when you pulled a plug or two to peek).

I agree that you don't need it in your cloner. If anything, I would do a light foliar of it OR better yet, hit your MOM with it before taking the cuts.

D

Door2theUnivers

thansk for help , I always shut off the pump for the ez cloner so the spray doesnt blast out enough to cover the foliage , but is it possible it is absorbing through the rootless stems?

D

Door2theUnivers

Is it sad to say its probbaly mildew?

If it cant come from the solution without roots or accidental folliage spray from ez clone, can anyone confirm how long it would take for wpm to infect a plant ? just seems to quick to be after a day or two to have somuch shit on it

check out my other post for pics

S

Stoner Smurf

When you are originally mixing up your solution are you adding the ProTek first? If you don't add the ProTek first (It says to right on the bottle if you look) you can have a problem. The K2SiO3 (potassium silicate) can bond with other minerals in the solution and fall out. It will form a precipitate, in the solution it kind of looks like you just added a bunch of pH up. If you use protek properly the solution should be crystal clear with no precipitates.

D

Door2theUnivers

first i added h202 at 2ml gallon then i added protekt at 1 tsp per gallon then a 3 part vitagrow clone solution ,(note) the same issue happend last week with clone-x 1 part h202 at 2ml gallon then i added protekt at 1 tsp per gallon

Dirte Bag

Dirte Bag

here is a example of whats going on

this is one day after being in the ezcloner , i dont think that white powedery mildew can take over this fast ??? no signs on mothers or clones that are kept in a differnt rooom but in soil cups and they are a week old.
Well I've at least found someone else with the same white crystally stuff on new cuttings. Now PLEASE tell me you have figured out what this is and how to stop it. I am certain that it's not powdery mildew as I've doused them with immunox from Spectracide that kills PW 100% and prevents it from reoccurring and it has absolutely no effect , in fact I think it made it worse . Ugh! Pu-leeeze tell me you have the solution .

Top Bottom