E coli help!!

• Thread starter Cannagirl77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cannagirl77

Our business partner sent his batch to get tested and came up positive for e coli. Problem is, all around us has been out on boil water alerts due to the contaminated lakes, rivers, and water tables. We are disinfecting everything right now. But we heard maybe a airthereal machine and mixture of hydrogen peroxide water mix would kill any e coli on our plants because we have not had our tested yet. I read that hydrogen peroxide can kill vital microbs. However e coli can live in the soul as well. What the hell do we do. Thank you in advance.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
If it's for legal sale and has to pass an inspection, yeah the whole crop. The growers I know prepackage the cannabis and have it irradiated in the packaging so it stays sterile. It's a health Canada regulation for medical growers who need to be below 200ppm mold spore count.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
LoL This is the first case of E. coli I have heard of in cannabis. What in the heck were you doing? Bake at 225 degrees for15-20 should kill it. Then make butter for edibles.
Or just sell it out thebaxk door.
Dirtbag, who has acsess to a irradiate machine?

C

Cannagirl77

LoL This is the first case of E. coli I have heard of in cannabis. What in the heck were you doing? Bake at 225 degrees for15-20 should kill it. Then make butter for edibles.
Or just sell it out thebaxk door.

were having really bad problems in water tables around here with all the rain were getting and e coli and lead have been huge issues. we didn't realize that it was so close to us until it was too late and our area is in a water boiling alert. with hand watering we only add what we want or need and so were trying to take precautions now, but just trying to figure out what to do now. it wasn't us specifically btw its just a huge problem with the rain weve been getting and all of our lakes

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Anyone growing legally does. Nobody does it themselves that I know of, the LP I know contracts another company that irradiates it for them. Adds a bit of cost to the final product but nothing major.

Last edited:
C

Cannagirl77

ill look into if any one around here does anything like that. this is my first time growing and still learning everyday. I appreciate the patience and advice. we tested our water from the tap and it definitely came up positive for e coli, with all this rain its really screwed up a lot. our county itself is on a boil alert right now and it if continues its just gonna get worse. im gonna look into a filtering system for sure.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
ill look into if any one around here does anything like that. this is my first time growing and still learning everyday. I appreciate the patience and advice. we tested our water from the tap and it definitely came up positive for e coli, with all this rain its really screwed up a lot. our county itself is on a boil alert right now and it if continues its just gonna get worse. im gonna look into a filtering system for sure.

Look up "Gamma irradiation food crops services" and you should find an outfit that does it. Not sure about laws where you are but there are other chain of custody laws and tracking systems to consider in Canada when sending pot to a company for irradiation. There is a bit of paperwork involved in doing it up here.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
And yeah, moving forward I'd filter the water down to absolute 1 micron and pass it through a commercial grade UV filter. If it doesnt pass that test, there is always using a hypochlorinator and off gassing the chlorine in a bubbler tank.

Top Bottom