E.ON and their complete illogic!

• Thread starter theherbalizor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok, bit of a rant but i am looking for some help in understanding my recent and final bill from my energy supplier.

I decided to change supplier and transferred over on the 19th oct.

On the 20th I phoned through my readings to the new and old supplier.

I will only use Gas as an example, but both the gas and electric are out.

I read my final bill and it states my final units used as ESTIMATED at 1719.

On the 20th Oct when I phoned my readings through it was 1608. So we have an increase of 111 units at 32 pence per unit.

I figure I just phone up EON and get them to amend before I pay the bill. Well this is where it all goes pear shaped and my head starts to hurt.

I explain it all and I get advised that raising a dispute is a bad idea. But I stick to my guns and press on.

The next operative tells me that the only figure he could go to would end up costing me more then my current end bill. When I explain to him that TODAYS reading is only 1709 - thats 10 units lower than what they have estimated for almost a month ago, he laughs and says well, I kinda see your point but if its under 150 units difference then there is nothing I can do.

I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THIS.

He says the new supplier is billing me from 1720 units. I explain fair enough, but that means I am paying for 112 units of Gas plus electric at a higher rate than I should. I said please explain this in a more logical way to me so that I feel I am not being fucking mugged off and he terminates the call saying we do not tolerate bad language.

I AM FUMING.

Where the hell do I stand. I do not accept to have to pay for services from a company that no longer supplies me. Surely if I do this then that means any other company can just come along and bill me for some fictitious units. Well on their logic anyway.

Argh. Sorry just needed to get that out. I would take this to the ombudsman but I do not what my 'quite' high usage to come into question.

BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
I hear ya.

A couple of months ago, all of the sudden I get a bill for 3x the amount I'm used to paying. Called them up about it and they said no one was home when they came by to read the meter so they had to estimate the bill amount. I just could not figure out how the fuck they came to an average totalling 3x my regular bill!!! so in the end they told me I had to pay up and that it would all be balanced out on the next bills. So what I did is default on my bill until the next month, when the bill amount was "zero", but in the end I felt ripped off that I had to advance them quite a bit of cash, I was still forced to "loan" them the equivalent to 2 months of my consumption! fucking bastards!!!

Top Bottom